Help us name our new filly!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christina_ski

Reaction score
We are really having a hard time picking a name to fit this little girl. We were so sure this mare was going to have a colt we had no filly names planned. She is full of attiude as you can see by the pics. But she is really sweet and loves to be scratched on her sides and her neck. We even think she has blues eyes but can not tell because they have changed just since yesterday, so could change again. We also think she may grey out, since she is lighter around her legs and belly. But we had one like that last year who was even lighter and is now jet black
default_wacko.png
. Her sires name is Flying A Magic's Do You Wanna Dance "Hawk", and mom is Flying A Colors Maybe at Midnight "Chi-Chi". She is going to be on our show string this year and be going to nationals.

Here she is, yet to be named lol, just short of 24hours old!

58435Halter_pose.JPG

58435buck.JPG

58435Layin_Down.JPG

58435Run.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
She is precious! How about Midnight Dancer and call her Cha Cha! Sheila
default_wink.png

Beautiful filly, and so full of herself already. Congrats!

Flying A Dance Til Midnight

Out Til Midnight

IN BY MIDNIGHT

Beautiful Girl !!

Tiny Black Dress

Midnight Affair

Affair At Midnight

Just Maybe I Wanna Dance

Meet Me 'Round Midnight

Until Midnight I'll Dance

High Heels Dancer

Midnight Dreamer

Midnight Dancin Girl

Midnight Jitter Bug Boogie

Jenn

Color of Magic sounds like a great name for such an adorable filly. Congratulations.

Good Name suggestions everyone, now we have alot to think about.

The best I came up with so far is JMS Save the Last Dance. Since she was born at the last mintue lol

aw i love the colour, it jsut stands out, if u ask me! lol i like that name to christina

Oooh, she's pretty!! Thanks for the new pictures
default_biggrin.png
I'm waiting on my maiden to go, and all these baby pictures are keeping me occupied and happy!

Thanks

Jodi

default_aktion033.gif
what a cutie!

so is that the secret? pick out only boy names and you get a filly?
default_wink.png
default_whistling.gif

I also like Cha cha for a barn name
default_smile.png

-Kris

Congratulations on your lovely filly!
default_biggrin.png

Some name ideas:

Do You Wanna Dance

Dancing At Midnight

Maybe We Can Dance

Come At Midnight

Meet Me At Midnight

Dance The Night Away

Congrats on your new filly. I have no idea for a name, but she certainly looks like a "foxy little lady".

And I really like her mother, I see spots. This filly could turn could pintaloosa.

Wendy

Such a beautiful little filly you have there. Love the color she is know, Congrats.

Congratulations on a beautiful filly.

Just an idea on coming up with names. I keep a list of names on a Word program. Everytime I think of one I think would be good, I type it in in alphabetical order. Then when I have a foal, I look through my list of names. When I use one, I highlight it in pink if it is a girl and in blue if it is a boy. I currently have a list about 3 pages long but came up with an entirely new one for my most recent foal.

She cant gray, neither parent is gray. However mom is an app so she can varnish.

Just a doll! Congrats

how about the name

After Midnight

She has a name now!

Her name is JMS Save The Last Dance, (we are going to be saving all the name suggestions JIC we have another filly, we only have colt names picked out
default_wacko.png
)

Her barn name is Terra, as in she is a little Terror! She likes to pick on her mom, and today was her first time outside and she was basically telling mom where to go and not staying by Moms side at all. SHe was even running one direction, and when her mom would follow her she would spin around and head the other way lol. Poor Momma mare was having such a hard time keeping up with her lol.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

Latest posts

Back