Help Finding Out What Farms These Are??? Thanks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrioticminiaturehorses

Reaction score
Hello I have a couple questions trying to find out what farms these are? Whats does SSF'S stand for? J-J's ? is that a farm name? Because I am also trying to track down J-J Painted Apache bred horses I really like that line. I believe Carol Ann Ford has bred many from this line please correct me if I am wrong but she does not seem to have a website and I have had no luck getting a hold of her. I would be interested in purchasing a colt or stallion with the J-Js Painted Apache line. Any info or links to website with related horses for sale would be greatly appreciated thank you
default_smile.png

Hello I have a couple questions trying to find out what farms these are? Whats does SSF'S stand for? J-J's ? is that a farm name? Because I am also trying to track down J-J Painted Apache bred horses I really like that line. I believe Carol Ann Ford has bred many from this line please correct me if I am wrong but she does not seem to have a website and I have had no luck getting a hold of her. I would be interested in purchasing a colt or stallion with the J-Js Painted Apache line. Any info or links to website with related horses for sale would be greatly appreciated thank you
default_smile.png

I know of a breeder in Washington who has a son of J-j's painted apache (J-J's being a farm name, and I don't think thy are around anymore). Her email is [email protected]

Amanda

My main herd sire, SMHC's Freedoms Painted Warrior, is a grandson of J-J'S Painted Bubbles. J-J's Painted Bubbles is a daughter of J - J's Painted Apache. There's a picture of SMHC's Freedoms Painted Warrior on my site as well as several of his get.

Carol

http://minibrook.webs.com

Alot of the Wauk A Way horses are heavily JJ bred. I have a pic of Apache if you havent seen one. Just let me know if you want more info

The J-J horses were bred by H.H. and Ruth Jess from Schleswig, Iowa. Both H. H. (Hans) and Ruth have passed on now, Ruth just a year ago, I believe. There was a good article about them in one of the Journals a year or so ago. I think you can also find information about them and how they started the black and white Shetland line, and then miniatures, on line. I knew them both and they were wonderful people. I believe most of their horses were sold to Wauk a Way including JJ Painted Apache. The line is famous for loudly colored black and whites.

When the Jesses got into miniatures they owned Choco’s Little Specks Red Boy for several years and produced JJ’s Little Macho who then became the sire of Sooner States Bit O Honey the famous sire of many of the First Knight horses. They were very inflluential in the minature horse industry and produced many wonderful horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have several very nice (and colorful) fillys available but the boys have all been sold.

Carol

SSF is Tom Swearingen, Silver Summit Farm, Lawrence, Kansas. He owned J-J's Painted Apache the last several years of Apache's life.

Lazy L Miniatures and Shetlands has a grandson and great grandson from JJ Painted Apache that are for sale He asked me to post his phone number if you'd like to talk to him. 479-903-9046

Pam

Back