Help! Does anybody know...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue_C.

Reaction score
A friend of mine has these growing in her pasture. Does anyone know what it is, and if it is poisonous?

I FOUND IT ON THE INTERNET...RED OR PURPLE TRILLIUM...AND IT IS POISONOUS, AS FAR AS I CAN FIND. THANKS ...

JeanieDoylesflower.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Trillium is poisonous but usually only grows in shade and prefers wooded areas. Hardy plant and last a long time so she should try to keep them out of that part of the paddock. Good luck.

Sue,

I'm not sure the actual name of them but around here they are called "stinking benjimins" (did you notice the smell of them?? lol). I beleive they ARE indeed poisonous, however that being said my animals have nver bothered with them. they do, as the last poster stated only grow in shady tree growths that i've ever noticed and thats' where they grow here along the property line where there is a windrow/damp moist area. My guess is the scent alone would cause an animal not to eat them! lol they probably taste about as "yummy" as they smell! lol

Latest posts

Back