HELP COPING AND NOT BEING TOTALLY SHOOKUP

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy S.

Reaction score
I THOUGHT I COULD HANDLE IT, TODAY I JUST WANT TO CRY AND AM TOTALLY SCARED TO DEATH. OF COURSE YESTERDAY HE SAYS, "IF SOMETHING SHOULD HAPPEN, GO AHEAD AND CREMATE ME SO IT IS NOT THAT EXPENSIVE". THAT JUST TOTALLY MADE IT SINK IN. I AM A BASKET CASE AND TRYING TO WORK THESE NEXT TWO DAYS. I AM JUST FALLING APART. I LOST MY MOM THIS YEAR, MY DAD IS NOT DOING WELL, AND NOW FACING MY HUSBAND AND POSSIBILITIES. THIS YEAR HAS BEEN THE WORSE YEAR OF MY LIFE.

My Dear Friend, what you are feeling is very normal. Having surgery is always scary and probably more scary for family members than the patient. People expect us to cope with everything that comes our way but that is easier said than done. I know you have to watch your blood pressure which is probably through the roof right now but just do the best you can. I have a feeling that Jim is going to be just fine. Hey! He's too stubborn to quit on you like that! Surgery is all about fixing what is broke so keep that in mind.

I wish I could do or say something to make it all better. Just know that I will be thinking about you and your hubby and that I will be sending prayers along that he comes out of this one healthy and happy and you are able to once again get on with your western re-enactments.

Thinking of you and your husband
default_pray.gif

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers .... "HUGS"

We too have been through a lot like this the last couple of years.

I do not have any special words for you sadly....because it is not easy, its scary and a very hard thing to deal with.

I think within ourselves we can find the strength to do what is needed.....

Major <HUGS>....and I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. Things will turn out ok!

oh sandy I just hate reading this. I know you have had a very hard couple years. Please call me if you need a shoulder or email me anytime. 740-323-4341 I am working days right now but am usually home from 4 pm on. Wish I could give you a big hug. Please know you and your family are in my prayers

Last edited:
It is normal to be afraid of "the what ifs". Try to stay positive, he is having the surgery for a reason. Concentrate on your husband, and leave the worrying to the surgeons. I am sure they will be doing the best possible for him. I will be thinking of you both. Please keep us updated on his progress.

Take a deep breath and try not to worry! I'm sure your husband's doctors will do an excellent job and he will be fine. Sending thoughts and prayers to you, your husband and his doctors.

Surgery is scary for both patient and family, I know. Sending prayers.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

SURGERY WENT WELL, TOOK A LITTLE LONGER THAN THEY SAID. HAD A HARD TIME MANAGING HIS PAIN IN THE RECOVERY ROOM. WE FINALLY GOT INTO HIS ROOM AT ABOUT 20 MINUTES TILL 8 PM THURSDAY. THINGS DIDN'T LOOK REAL WELL ON ONE SIDE SO THEY TOOK A BIOPSY OF HIS LYMPH NODES AND WE WILL HAVE TO SEE IF IT IS NEGATIVE OR HAD SPREAD. HE DID VERY WELL AND IT WAS POSSIBLE HE WAS TO STAY UNTIL TODAY, SATURDAY BUT WE CAME HOME YESTERDAY EVENING. SORRY THIS WAS OVERDUE. I HAVE BEEN DRIVING AN HOUR AND A HALF HOME TO FEED ANIMALS THEN BACK AND I SPENT THE NIGHT.

SO WE ARE HOME, WILL TAKE A WEEK TO KNOW BIOPSY RESULTS AND HE WILL PROBABLY BE OFF WORK FOR 6 WEEKS.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR PRAYERS. MINE WERE ANSWERED HE CAME HOME WITH ME.

Latest posts

Back