Hello - An introduction

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calekio

Reaction score
Just thought i'd introduce myself and my ponies...have been 'hovering' around for a while but never done much more till now.

Me and my family have a small stud based in England, although my family help most of the horse care and planning is left up to me, my family 'like' horses...but not really into doing much much that looking at them and giving them a pat! :lol: My sister doesn't even really like doing that!

We started off over 3 years ago with 2 rescue ponies who were going 'free to good home', that was my first introduction to these darling little ponies and the joy they can bring, i don't ride due to nerves and health but enjoy showing, breeding, training and generally just being around my selection of miniatures and shetland ponies.

We had our very first proper homebred foal born this year, bred and born with us and we couldn't have ask for anything better.

So we have...

Badger, a 6yr old, 33.75" stallion - Badger is our main and now currently only stallion after the sad loss of our second stallion in August of this year.

Tothill Badger

And just because he was such a darling little boy...our past stallion, Halo, he was 32" cream dun stallion. He sadly died in August 2006 at such a young age of 8. We'd only had him a year but he left such a huge gap to fill as he was such a character here. A previoud abused little pony with a heart of gold who we will never forget. Struck down by a freak heart attack. We are lucky enough to have 3 mares in foal to Halo for 2007.

Wedgwood Halo

We currently have 5 mares all in foal for 2007.

Flye, 5yr old, 31" Cremello mare - In foal to Halo

Tothill Creme De Menthe

Spiritual Dreamer (aka Piper...aka the witch! lol), 5yr old, 36" Skewbald mare - In foal to Badger

(Picture with her 2006 filly foal, this is her first foal and she has been an excellent mother...even if we needed armour plating! :lol: )

Piper-RibbonsNiceSept06.jpg

Piper with her 2006 foal

Boltwood Lady Miniscule (aka Cassi), 10yr old, 32" Chestnut mare - In Foal to Badger

Cassi-CanteringJune06.jpg

Brookfield Bunty (aka Katanna), 12yr old, 35" Chestnut Roan (its got spots!) mare - In foal to Halo

Pictured here with her 2006 colt foal)

KatannaTeddy-Cute2Apr06.jpg

Heronsfield Daisy May (aka Daisy), 12yr old, 35" grey mare - On loan to us - In foal to Halo

DaisyFieldJune06.JPG

Our 2006 foals

Calekio Bright Eyes (aka Teddy), Chestnut colt born end of April, son of Katanna - Now sold

Teddy-PonchyAug06.jpg

Calekio Dust Storm (aka Stormy), Cream dun colt born beginning of May, half brother to Teddy - Now sold

Stormy-RibbonsNiceSept06.jpg

Calekio First Wish (aka Chaos), skewbald filly foal, born end of June, Parents are Piper & Badger. Chaos is our first homebred and at her first ever show took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, reserve champion & champion! Although quite a little madem!

Chaos-RosettesNiceSept06.jpg

We also have a few others.

Helawi ScarletBerry, a 2yr old bay standard filly who we are selling, hopefully to go soon! (please behave on monday Scar! lol)

ScarletBrooke-StandingOct06.jpg

Brookfield Clare, aka Dreamer. A 12yr old, 37" retired broodmare. She ruptured her prepubic tendon shortly after giving birth to Stormy and so will never have a foal again.

Dreamer-Standing.jpg

And our geldings...

Tiger Eye aka Tigga, 36", 4yr old gelding - One of our first shetlands! What a dream he is a real show stopper...not bad for a rescue.

Tigga-Ribbons-NiceOct06.jpg

TiggaLydia-NiceJune06.jpg

Double Trouble aka Dinki, 31" 4yr old, gelding - Came with Tigga...a mass of physical and mental problems....but i love him!

Dinki-Ribbons-NiceOct06.jpg

Hermits Razzle aka Splash, 31" 2yr old spot colt - soon to be a gelding! lol A pony i should have proberly left behind....as everyone was amazes he was still alive when i brought the little runt of a yearling he was with a huge wound on his back!

Splash-Ribbons-NiceOct06.jpg

And Topaz, a 22yr old, 12hh welsh b gelding, who is a ridden pony at the yard.

Topaz-CanteringSept06.jpg

So that is my little crew.

:aktion033: A big welcome!!!!!!

And thanks for sharing your wonderful little guys!!!!!!! I love their all naturalllllll

welcome! your guys look so well loved. thanks for sharing pics

Hello & WELCOME! :saludando: I'm glad you posted pictures, as I love seeing photos of new members Minis. You have a nice group there & I enjoyed seeing them! (love the long mane & forelock on Katanna!)

Thankyou for the warm welcome.

Most of those pic recent so they all unclipped.

We didn't really show that much this summer so didn't see the point of clipping them.

However..

We clipped Splash out..

Splash-ClippedJune06.jpg

We thought he looks rather good....considering last year he was a sickly yearling who was hanging on for life (although we discovered a lot of scar's!)

And last year..

Tigga was clipped - however we decided after that never to 'attempt' it again!

Tigga-Clip2May05.jpg

And Piper was clipped..

Piper-FullClipJune05.jpg

Welcome, I'm in England too, not far from you.

Your ponies are sweet, and as you know, we can't show our Shetlands clipped anyway, so the unclipped pictures are just great!!

Edited to say- Bless you for rescuing the little guys- too many people pass them by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh, where abouts in england are you Rabbitsfizz? We are down south, perhaps we have bumped into you before on our travels.

We have a few we show as shetlands only so they never get clipped and some that show as miniatures only so are always clipped and some who do both miniature and shetland classes (but more draft and cob type miniatures)

We love our little rescue and promise them a home for life, but after spending so much on those 3 to get them back in health we can't take any more, we spent about £2000 on Tigga when we first got him, Dinki is currently up to about £8000 as he has so many health issues and little splash cost us about £4000 in vet bills! Although thankfully not all in one go! lol

But even if we decide one day to give up breeding and sell our ponies those 3 will have a home for life. Quite cute as they all share a field and a large stable together...they are pampurred coming in at night and with rugs...the left just have to grow that coat quicker! :lol:

I'm in Hertfordshire- I believe you are in Dorset??

In fact we have more in common than that- I am pretty sure Halo was a grandson of my old boy Rabbit!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

thanks for posting your pics.. your horses are all lovely....

its amaizing how many of us seem to discover the joy of little horses sort of by accident..

you got your reacue horses!!and now your herd has grown....

i bought one cheap as a companion for a large horse, because i thought...the smaller, the easier( and i dont like them being on thier own.........i now have 4 little ones( well, one is 10hh.. but like you, i took her on as a charity case).. and only one biggy.......also( dont tell my cob this)..but the little ones are so much more lovable.....

steph

p.s...i love the long mane in one of those pics......beautiful

I love your pictures. Thanks for sharing your pretty ponies!

Welcome to the forum from the thumb area of Michigan. :saludando: Thanks for sharing some great pictures of your horses.
default_yes.gif
:

Back