height question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
I just bought a lovely little mare that on her Permanent papers she is listed as 34 inches....got her home and looking at her ..thought..hhhmmmmmm she just looks smaller than that...I had just bought a mini measure stick ( thanks KayKay) so 3 of us measured her at 32.50...have had them taller but never smaller..so..what do I do on the transfer????

I am not positive but I have one in AMHR that is actually smaller than her papers stated and I was told that I would have to take her to a show and have her measured and that they would change the height that way -- with the corrected paperwork fee (not sure what it is now)... Now to my understanding that is ONLY if you are going smaller... If she was listed at 32.5 but was truely 34" then you would just pay the fee for the correction and they would change it...

Hopefully if I am wrong someone will chime in....

I tried to do one this year for R. She was listed as 33" but reality was 31.50" and tried to correct it but could only take her to a show to get measured by a steward. She's 18 I wasn't going to do that. However there is dishonest people in this business to try to get there horses smaller I could see the reason for it. You don't see to many people lie about trying to get there horse measured in taller.

I am grasping at straws, but do you think and uneducated mini person measured incorrectly to get the taller measurement. Like to the withers? Or did they measure them when long in toe/heal? Just a few suggestions. I have come accrossed many measuring taller then smaller, but not this way around. So, I don't have any answer other the, take her to a show ans have the steward do it. It will cost you $5.

That is what happened with my mare I had she was measured by a new miniature owner and I wouldn't know why she got such a tall measurment, but your reasons are what probably happens.

Latest posts

Back