Height of side posts for jumps

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could help me out. I am making jumps to practice with and am wondering what the height is for the side posts that hold the cups. This would be the posts you have to lift your lead line over as they are jumping, so I want to make sure I get use to the correct height.

If anyone knows what is used at AMHR shows, or where I can find out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out. I am making jumps to practice with and am wondering what the height is for the side posts that hold the cups. This would be the posts you have to lift your lead line over as they are jumping, so I want to make sure I get use to the correct height.

If anyone knows what is used at AMHR shows, or where I can find out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Sorry about that first post--don't quite have the hang of this yet!

Try the AMHR rulebook, you might be able to find it online at their website if you don't have a book. They might have the dimensions and heights in there.

i have some 40 since that is as tall as i have seen them go for AMHA. but i think it can go to 44. most of my standards are those stacker things u can order from state line tack. u should be safe with 36

"the fences can range in height from 12 to 24 inches (in a jump off this will change to a maximum of 30 inches). ...jumps must be at least 5 feet in width, no wider than 6 feet....all jumps must have a ground pole. Jump standards may not be higher than 40 inches. No wings or additions are allowed outside the jump standards. " (AMHR)

Last edited by a moderator:
30 inches is the max height in AMHR?...That seems so low. I figured it would be much higher as I beleive AMHA is 38 inches. I thought they would be much closer.

Someone told us that AMHR used to jump for height but since its takes so long for the show, cause they have over and under, that they changed it to how fast the time is. It would be hard to jump 44 in at a fast speed.

Here is the wording out of the rulebook. Got it off the AMHR website.

4. Jumps: There will be a minimum of four fences

and a maximum of six fences. The fences can

range in height from twelve to twenty-four inches

(in the jump-off this will change to a minimum of

twelve to a maximum of thirty inches). Jumps

should be of attractive design but constructed of a

material so as not to cause danger to the horse. All

jumps must be at east five feet in width, no wider

than six feet, with a minimum of twenty feet

between jumps, with the exceptions of an in and

out. All jumps must have a ground pole. Jump

standards may not be higher than 40. No wings or

additions are allowed outside the jump standards.

Latest posts

Back