Hayhuts...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
found an ad for these....These look like thay would work well for pasture feeding!

hh014.jpg

blizzard1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen those here. They do look pretty neat and would probably keep the round bales much better and reduce the mess. My only concern with them is the minis probably would not be able to reach once the hay got eaten down.

We just had to move a half eaten round bale out last night because the weather got to it and I was so sick of the mess it was making.
default_wacko.png

Huh, interesting!

My only concern with them is the minis probably would not be able to reach once the hay got eaten down.
Could you put some sort of plywood "floor" in there to elevate the hay for minis?

Leia

I saw those at the horse expo here. They are pretty neat but would not as they sit work for many minis. You would have to elevate the floor alot.

But they were pretty cute

I saw those at the horse expo here. They are pretty neat but would not as they sit work for many minis. You would have to elevate the floor alot.

But they were pretty cute

OK, on the ad it said you could use a pallet, so I'm guessing that wouldn't be high enough for the Minis. Maybe I should contact the manufacturer and have them scale down the Hut specifically for Minis
default_wink.png

I've seen them, I love them, and almost bought one. They do come built for miniature horses too but I think from another company that I found a couple years ago someplace on YOUTUBE.

Maybe you can use several pallets in there? It is neat idea though and sure would keep the hay from getting "weathered too". It appears to be light enough when put together to push around by hand if you needed to. It says 230 lbs. You can drop your round bale wherever you drop it (if no tractor to move it), then put the hayhut on top of it.

Beth

Those are very neat! I'd love to see some in mini-size.

I've seen them advertised, loved the idea but not the price...they are proud of them! They need to be modified somehow for minis, I think a foal/smaller horse would be able to climb into the opening and get stuck. You know, if there's a way to get in trouble a horse will find it lol.

Jan

I've seen them advertised, loved the idea but not the price...they are proud of them! They need to be modified somehow for minis, I think a foal/smaller horse would be able to climb into the opening and get stuck. You know, if there's a way to get in trouble a horse will find it lol.

Jan
Never thought of that...but true! Especially a baby...
default_unsure.png

Gee Jan!

How right you are! I did not think of that..............these guys are like little kids, if there is something they can get into or trouble for, they will do it.

Very neat! However my concern would be - they are made of a type of plastic which "termite" mini's could chew up. I've seen mini's chew on wood, trees, etc. so why not plastic LOL
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back