Having issues with my Oster A-5s

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrestigeMiniHorses

Reaction score
OK so the other day I was working on clipping Blackjack and all of a sudden the blades started making this wacky noise. So I stopped working on him and took the blade off oil everything really good and cleaned it all up. Well I go to put the blade back on and the little square thing that actually movies the blade around won't fit onto the blade. And I finally managed to get the blade on and I turned it on and it starts making this horrible sound again. So I grab the top part of the hand held part and squeeze and sure enough the sound stopped. So my guess is its really loose or something. I know my blades are good still since one is a new set and I don't clip dirty horses. Any how anybody but any suggestions as to what I need to do or if I need to send this unit out or heck it would be even just nice to know what's wrong with this darn thing. LOL Anyhow any help with this matter is greatly appreciated. Oh yeah anybody no of someone to send this off to have it fixed and cleaned if need be?

Thanks in advance!

Lol mine just did that this am, I tightened the two little screws on the piece with the tongue attached. It didnt have to do with the blade and it worked. The motor did make a funny noise before though as well so I am possibly thinking about switching to double K's but i have heard that the parts if it breaks are extremely expensive... so im kind of at a loss of what to do.

Kourtney, if you are going to the schooling clinic in a couple of weeks, the clipper repair guy will be there.
default_smile.png

My a-5's have done that before too, I just had to pop the blade out, then pop it back in (you are replacing it while the clippers are running right?) For what ever reason, they just don't want to click in all the way some times, then they start making funny squealing noises. I replaced mine last year and I'm so happy I did, I always had a hard time getting mine to clip even unless I just used them for bridle paths, and they could not handle body clips. I hope this is the only problem with yours, good luck getting it solved.

It could be your lever (sp??) the piece that pushes the blade back and forth. They do tend to wear out also. Try to keep a spare, they are easy to replace. You will probably going to have to have someone show you once, I am not very good at it in writing. It could be the blade is loose, check the small screws on the blade itself.

Good Luck to you

Back