Having a really tough time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyhorse23

Reaction score
My precious Spyderman, who so many of you have prayed for over the last few years, was diagnosed with an internal tumor or mass of some kind last week and seems to be going downhill faster than we expected. He is becoming dehydrated again, stopped eating last night and has not had manure or urine since last evening as of 6:40 this morning. I will not drag out his discomfort by tubing him again (the last time only bought us a week during which he has not been very happy) and unless something changes I will probably have to make a decision in the next few days. Even if it does, our time is still very limited. Please pray for us.

Spyder is 33 years old and the center of my heart-herd. Turbo worships him and Spyder loves Kody. The paddocks will seem so lonely without him.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that on FB, Leia. I am so sorry that he is going downhill so fast.
default_sad.png

Sorry to hear about Spyderman, it is hard. I have been there, we will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. He couldn't of asked for a nicer home for 33 years. Chris

I am so terribly sorry Leia. You were granted a few more months with him. It sucks that you have to make that decision. But you said he has been ready to go. I know your family isn't ready, we can never be ready when we love them that much. All you can say to yourself is you have the best Mom to him he could have, and done all the right things. I am sorry.

So sorry to hear this. He has been with you a long time. I am sure you will make the right decision when the time comes.

Carol

Spyder was ready to go in December of 2008 and any time since then would have been fine as far as he was concerned. Now that Turbo is here Spyder has found new purpose in raising him and is anxious about leaving the boys with his job unfinished. That's part of what breaks my heart. Turbo is going to be devastated and lonely without his hero and the true herd the three of them were just beginning to form will be broken too soon. It seems like such poor timing although I suppose it's never a good time.

Leia

I'm so sorry, been there and I know it's hard. You were fortunate to have had some extra time with him.
default_smile.png

Jan

Leia,

I just posted on Facebook, so you know how badly I feel for you both....

I truly believe Spyder KNOWS how much he's loved. Don't finish your conversation with him up to the very end.......

Blessings, Ma--

Leia, I'm so sorry for those of you who will be left behind, but happy that Spyderman has hed the great fortune to have come to you after a rough earlier life. He knows he is loved and that he's taken good care of his herd. He also knows that you'll do a great job taking over raising the baby and keeping Kody in line. When all is said and done, he knows it's okay to leave.

Spyderman is a grand old man who has left deep hoofprints on the lives of his friends. I'm proud to have known him.

Take care,

susanne

I am so sorry, Leia...I remember when he began to fail so soon after Gramma Pony left, and was so happy when he rallied.

However I know that bit of suspense that lurks with such an oldie but goodie and the sense of joy you feel every time the grizzled old head pops up over a stall door or fence and you get a whicker of a greeting that lets you know that not only are they still with us, but eagerly anticipating their next meal, petting or grooming session.

I know everything you will miss about him, and for that I am sorry.

He will have many new friends to distract him while he waits for you.

My thoughts are with you and Spyder's loved ones.

Liz

OMG Leia! I'm SO very sorry!
default_crybaby.gif

Everyone above said so well what is in my heart to say.

I was just thinking of him in the last day or so.

My thoughts & prayers are with you both.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

I am so very sorry. Hold close to your heart that he has been very happy for many years with you, and the memories that the two of you share. I have two that are 31 this year...and by God's good grace they will be here with us for a long while to come...(((HUGS)))

no.gif
I am so sorry you are losing Spyderman. He has lived a good, long life, and I know it will be difficult for you if you have to make the decision do do what's best for him.
sad.gif

So Sorry to hear this Leia.
default_sad.png
My thoughts are with all of you guys over there, I hope everything goes as well as it can.

I'm sorry, Leia.

I wish there was one nugget of wisdom, about loosing your old

friend, I could share with you that would make it easier.

I can think of nothing.

I do hope one day soon you'll remember a special moment and from

that day forward nothing but happy memories flood your heart.

As everyone in the above posts have said everything better than I could, I would just like to say I'm sorry Leia.

Hugs to you and your boys. I wish there was something I could say to lessen the comfort, but, young or old, when they leave us, they leave a hole in our hearts.

Valerie

Leia, I'm so sorry to hear this.
crybaby.gif

Having been where you are now, not with a horse but with other much loved fur kids, I can only say you know it's time and that will help your heart heal easier. Kody and Turbo probably already know it's time and will miss him but carry on with his love and wisdom in their hearts. Sending love
wub.gif

I'm so sorry you will lose your friend. It is so painful for those who are left behind. There are so many waiting for Spyder to cross the rainbow bridge so they can share his wisdom. Some day as I have learned you will be able to remember the wonderful times you had together and smile. It takes time but that day will come. My very best to you and the kids.

Latest posts

Back