Having a really tough time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leah, you are a great and honorable horseperson who has done everything for your horses possible. I'm so sorry this sad time has come for you both. Love and hugs.

I am soo sorry to hear this Leia.....

but you are right, there is never a 'right' time....

hang in there, and know we are all here for you!

~kathryn

Saw your posting on FB - he is such a lucky guy to have you with him, to take care of him during these times. Bless you for all you are doing for him...teddy grahams..that was the key treat for Gracie... maybe he'll like some? Not what I would call the ultimate in equine nutrition, but the goal now is to keep him happy, right?

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayeres,

Liz R.

I'm sorry to hear this, Leia. I rarely check this board, so this is the first I heard.

God has a reason for everything, including your relationship with Spyder. Not looking forward to losing our Spider. He's now 20. I hope he lasts to 33! You must have taken care of your Spyder very well!

Myrna

Oh, Leia, I am so sorry to hear about Spyder. I think he has been very fortunate to be part of your herd for so long. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

Thanks guys. Spyder goes on and off his food now and has bright-eyed, high energy days and more lethargic, glued-to-his-stall days but seems to keep truckin' along. He never fails to perk up if I offer a grooming and still wants to graze and eat treats. I think he's in discomfort but not pain at this point. I have him on 2x daily Bute and constant Reiki which are both helping and will be trying alfalfa cubes to see if he likes the more hay-like texture of those when soaked over the moss-like squishy stuff the grass hay pellets turn into. He also seems to eat much better when his food is salted.

Leia

Leia,

I'm not sure what else to say.....but my condolences for Spyder's passing. He beat you at the punch, calling the vet it seems. And he chose a beautiful full moon to lay down under.

Blessings.....Ma---

Oh dear - am i reading this right? Spyder has crossed Rainbow Bridge?

If this is true, I'm so very sorry. It is never easy to lose a special friend.

Sending you hugs and deepest sympathy.

Anna

default_crybaby.gif
:CryBaby
default_crybaby.gif

SO sorry Leia.

I am so very sorry. I know he was like a child to you. The pain is unbearable. I am glad you didn't have to make the call. He is a happy free horse again.

We are dealing with that right now with our old big hairy dog. He has a tumor on his jaw. And it is never easy.

I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend... said a little prayer for him the other night under the moon with my minis.

Liz R.

Leia,

Please know my thoughts & prayers are with you and your family at this time. I know how much Spyder meant to you, and I hope you can take comfort in the wonderful life you gave him while he was in your care.

Hugs.

Valerie

I'm sorry you have lost your friend Leia. He will have a place in your heart forever and someday the two of you will meet again. He will be strong and healthy. Think of him right now sharing his loving memories of you with all the young foals who have passed on. Someday he will once again bring a smile to your face.

Best wishes to you.

Marie

Oh no, I'm so sorry Leia.

I'll always think of you two at the beach, such an incredible team. His proud stance and kind eyes... I know I saw happiness in his expression when you were working with him.

Daryl

MA misunderstood my FB post- he did not release himself, I did have to make that call with all the attendant pain. I didn't want to say anything on here yet because I planned to post an eulogy with pictures and I didn't want everyone to have to reply twice. Sorry.

He passed on Thursday night, exactly a year after his daughter died from something similar. You know he was elderly when she was 28!

Thank you all for your kind words and if you'll hold off on any more, there will be a new thread tonight or tomorrow where I would love to have you comment. I will be saving that thread for his scrapbook with any memories that those of you who met him care to share.
default_wub.png
He was a grand old man I was privileged to love.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back