Having a Horsey friends Holiday Party

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minisch

Reaction score
Does anyone do crafts? Something I could make each of my friends. Also any good appetizer recipes?

I would go to your local craft store, and see if you can find any wooden horse cut outs. Email your friends and ask them for pictures of their horses, then paint each one to look like their horses and hot glue a magnet on the back and their ya go, a cheap, quick, and fun gift idea.

Dan

not real crafty, so can't help you there. BUT, I found this recipe for Buffalo Chcken Dip and I bring it to all my meetings/parties as everyone always requests it. it is DEEEElicious!!!!!

as a word of advice.....I like to cook my own chicken breast instead of using the canned.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/buffalo...cipe/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a really good paper wraped chicken recipe that I used rabbit in. It was so good. But took a lot of time. If anyone has one to share, Please do. Anyway, I am not much of a party thrower or crafty person. Sorry.

my friend gave me a cell phone charm with a horse on it. Would be really easy and inexpensive to make
default_smile.png

If you can get a picture of everyone's horse you could do an iron on transfer to a t-shirt (or sweat shirt) for each of them.

How about some home made horse treats? I've used a receipe called Oaties that a member on the forum posted. My horses love it. You could put them in a paper lunch sack and maybe print out that great poem about The Noble horse and paste on the sack.

I made driveway reflectors out of the metal rod fence post @TSC. Have an old horse shoe welded to the top and get refectors at a trucking type place as you will want the reflectors to work on both sides. Drill a hole in the reflectors and zip tie them in the middle of the shoe. I made them for my horse friends a couple years ago and many people think they are really neat. If you need a picture send me a massage and I will send the pic for a better idea.

Take care

For all my horsey friend's this year I'm making polar fleece bit warmers for the winter. They just velcro over the bit and I put a hand warmer inside to warm it up. Remind everyone not to leave it in too long then immediately put in the horse's mouth, could be too hot. Just a couple minutes then test the temp by feeling the bit. It's very simple to make and the hand warmers can be thrown into the rider's/handler's pocket for their own hand warmth. I don't know how well everyone will like them, but I love mine. We live in upstate NY and it can get very cold here. Hopefully they will love theirs as much as I love mine.

Latest posts

Back