Have you started Training for the show season?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJMM6

Reaction score
297993491.jpg

This is CJMM Supreme Cherish My Kolors. She will be shown this year in halter, youth halter, and

owned, shown and bred by.

We have started her training by lunging and halter training her to set up and trot at our side. Cherish is 5 months old.

She's a beautiful filly! I will be showing 5-6 this year, including two current yearlings (3/07 filly and 6/07 gelding). I will not really start working anyone for another 6wks.

Here's what I plan to take out this year, all in halter (open & ammy) and some in color:

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Gone and DunIT[/SIZE]

2005 31” grey-grullo fancy stallion – National Top 10 (halter) & AMHA Honor Roll (halter) - Multi Champion

Grandson of both Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (“BTU”) and Yellow Diamond Little Feather, Great Grandson of Egyptian King

DUNIT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20170%20BRUSHED.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Harrell’s Flirting With Perfection[/SIZE]

2006 AMHA/AMHR Silver Buckskin Show Filly – Halter Champion – Rowdy and Buckeroo breeding (Daughter of Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow)

Flirt%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20100%20Touched%20MARES.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Big City Bomb Shell[/SIZE]

2007 AMHA / AMHR Perlino Mare – Buckeroo Granddaughter (her sire is Little Kings Big City Buck)

Future Show Filly and Prized Broodmare

Bomb%20Shell%20093007%20085%20MARES.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Tibb’s Sundowner (HOF)[/SIZE]

1998 34" AMHR Silver Bay Dun Gelding / Halter Hall of Fame / Multi National Champion / 20x Grand

Grandson of Boones Little Andy -- He's my hoofed teddy bear

SUNNY%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20109.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Erica’s Big City Blue By U[/SIZE]

2007 grey Buckeroo and Yellow Diamond Little Feather Grandson / Egyptian King Great Grandson

Sired by Little Kings Big City Buck (Buckeroo Son)

TO BE gelded before 2008 show season / Paternal brother to my “DunIT”

Siblings on both sides are very successful National level halter horses as stallions

Blue%20September%202007%201%20smaller.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Little King’s BT Bacardi Gold[/SIZE]

2004 37.25” AMHR Golden Palomino Gelding – Son of Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (“BTU”)

Supreme and Grand Halter Champion / First Place Solid Color

BACARDI%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20136%20GELDINGS.jpg

Additionally, Erica's Echos of My Destiny (HOF), the National Champion / Halter HOF stallion that Erica and I co-own, may hit the driving ring with a very special trainer this season
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

AND, I may show one of my coming foals
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I'm pretty excited about the coming show season to be sure
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Shes a cutie!

Around here, the weather really decides when and how long we practice. The barn is to cramped to practice in there!
default_wacko.png

Id start teaching her her basic ground manners now, because shes so young. Id gradually start teaching her to set up, etc.

P.S. Are you showing her in color?
default_laugh.png

I would be very careful lunging such a young horse. Lunging is hard on the bones and joints of young growing horses, more so than using a round pen.

[SIZE=14pt]Wow! What a cute little Fuzzy!! [/SIZE]
default_wub.png

[SIZE=12pt]I haven't started training yet 'cause its still too dark when I get off from work. I'm making my plan though...[/SIZE]
default_biggrin.png

Awe!! She is adorable!
default_wub.png
Jill, your show horses look awesome too...I know you'll do really well this show season.
default_yes.gif

We generally bring the show horses in the middle of February, start getting the new ones used to the routine and get them on our show feed program. We then evaluate each one individually for what they are in training for. We then clip the heads and necks and start the conditioning program. Slowly working them up to their maximum conditioning regimen.

Your filly is very pretty and you will have alot of fun with her this year. Good Luck in 2008 to all exhibitors/owners/trainers.

Pretty filly
default_smile.png

I have it in my dayplanner to bring everyone up to the barn and start conditioning them on March 8th (my life is schedule in that day planner lol) BUT i already have everyone for the most part already in the barn due to a 'few' purchases and additions on my part. Only one i have outside that i will actually need to bring up to the barn is my foundation gelding Royal Salsa but i may put him off a bit as im still unsure if i am going to show him all season or just for congress. Here are mine for 08' ..

Alpha Farms Magical Melody ASPC Classic Yearling Over Filly, Futurity & Open ..poss ammy with my father.

11-3.jpg

12-2.jpg

Alpha Farms Magical Debut ASPC Classic 3yr old Classic Gelding Over, I will be showing him Open and he will be making his jumper/hunter 'debut' in hand as well. He is already a 4x Congress Champion, congress reserve GRAND champion, HOF as a 2yr old and All Star gelding.

6.jpg

3.jpg

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Flyte AMHR Yearling Colt Over (poss. under? It is undecided at the moment)

Flyte1.jpg

Royal Salsa ASPC Sr Foundation Gelding, 07 Congress top 10

Sorry i cant find the originally photo so the color is off.

RoyalEdited.jpg

Im wanting to add a under division amhr filly, i guess i will just have to keep shopping
default_laugh.png

Leeana

Yes, it's January so Kody is going back into official training for driving. We've been working all winter on leading and the beginnings of obstacle work for AMHR performance classes and we will continue to work on that as well as reintroducing jump work now that he's three months out from his stifle surgery. My driving trainer leaves for the East Coast every summer so I have to cram in all my training between January and May. It's also going to take about six months to get him conditioned enough to complete 12-13km marathons in good form and still be ready for more competition the next day so I'm starting now with regular lessons and lots of short drives around home as the weather allows.

I'm excited for the 2008 season! Good luck to everyone.

Leia

Yes, you are right, lunging can be dangerous to youngesters.
default_sad.png
I lung her at a trot for 10 min. 3 x a week. We plan to show in halter, color, youth halter, and owned, shown & bred by.

Jill, all of your horses are beautiful but I love Gold
default_yes.gif

Good Luck to all this show season.

Also Hopi, my 13 yr old neighbor girl will be showing the mare below, Moss Grove-CJMM Reflection Beauty

in Youth halter and showmanship and color.

288321960.jpg

I think I am going to show for my 1st time in 08. I wanted to show one of my stallions, but hubby wants me to show a home grown. Since I have only been breeding a few years this limits my choices, also local show is AMHR so have to pick one with R papers. I think I have decided on CC, she has long legs and a very pretty face, solid black. I need to get the red (sun bleach) taken care of in her mane and tail. And, of course going to have to wait a while to clip her. I have started working on her diet, leading and ques. She is an 06 filly. I might take her 07 full brother that looks just like her if I still have him.

"WITTS CARBON COPY"

picture taken couple of days ago

CC%20BANDIT%201-5-08%20005.JPG

August 07-the blackest one

024.JPG

sorry not compressed :DOH!

Her full brother

"
WITTS DIABLOS SMOKEM BANDIT"

Bandit%20web%20save%2011-03-07.JPG

Both are sired by SHENANDOAH PAINTS DIABLO/ DAM FANTASIA FARMS MICA BY KNIGHT

I hope to make it to at least one show this season. I'd like to show my 2007 Puck filly in both halter and color classes and hopefully my coming Yahoo foal in weanling halter. Of course I will have to see what *it* looks like before really making that decision. (I am so hoping for a buckskin filly. I can hardly wait!)

My first show will be in March. It is a performance only, so no deep conditioning started yet. I did start with a new mare on halter obstacle 2 weeks ago, she is coming along great.

Bambi: halter obstacle (only 17 more points needed for HOF!!!)(my horse daughter)

th_BambiOnIce.jpg

Emmie: liberty

th_ImagineThat.jpg

Tori: halter, liberty, halter obstacle

th_VictoriasNoSecret.jpg

Flash: halter, maybe liberty

th_FlashofBuck.jpg

Angie: halter

th_Angelina.jpg

Yes, you are right, lunging can be dangerous to youngesters.
default_sad.png
I lung her at a trot for 10 min. 3 x a week.

Jill, all of your horses are beautiful but I love Gold
default_yes.gif
Do you use a round pen to lunge? That's what I do and I lunge my yearlings for 15 minutes every other day at a trot. My round pen is 40'. I think it's fine for them (obviously, or I wouldn't do it).

Thanks for the compliment
default_smile.png
He (I call him Bacardi) is my favorite horse for his personality. I own several BTU horses and they just seem to have a heart that I love.

I like both your girls you showed and hope to meet you this season!!!

I'm going to start in a couple of weeks. Let's see...

Toy - 2 year old over gelding

Image6-2.jpg

Sharona - 2 year old over filly - to show AMHR & possibly Congress

sharsite.jpg

Hula - 2 year old over filly - to show AMHR & possibly Congress. She measures 33 1/2", did all last year as a yearling. Be nice if she was done, as I will hardship her into AMHA when she is 5. Hula is still in Michigan, should be home sometime in April. Can't wait to get her cleaned up and some new pictures.

hulasm-1.jpg

Here is Hula in her Michigan winter wollies.

hulami.jpg

Dream Weaver - Sr. stallion under - halter & driving YAY

dwlizbody.jpg

Caramel - 2 year old filly under (way under) lol

carasite.jpg

Gracie Lou - yearling filly under (26 1/2")

gracielou.jpg

Monty - yearling colt under - stallion to become a gelding if he doesn't find a new home before spring.
default_yes.gif

I haven't started yet, but plan to the first of March. I am already getting tied thinking about it as I have 12 picked out to show, and then come nationals I'll add a couple foals more than likely; and I will be sending two driving horses back to larry in March as well.

I'll be a walking zombie this spring between foaling out 17 mares, conditioning, grooming and showing 12 horses and working a full time job
default_wacko.png

Back