have you ever used show sheen on your own hair

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
I have this stuff from Jon Freida that stops frizz. It's $5 for a couple ounces and it works well.

But I've noticed that it feels the same on my hands as Show Sheen does. So I was wondering if I should try it and if anyone else has tried it.

I used to spray it on my daughters hair when she was showing in 4H.

We seemed to always have time to get the horse ready, but not the kid.

I would catch her on her way into the ring and give her the same

treatment the horse got. We only used it at the shows...not at home.

I don't know what long term used would do to your hair.

Nope not show sheen but have used Mane and Tail shampoo in a pinch and it does leave the hair as clean or cleaner than human shampoo.

When I bought Eqyss Survivor, the sales person said she used it on her own hair every day. I haven't tried it on my own, but I sure do like what it does on my horse's hair. Darn stuff is as expensive, or even more so, as any salon treatment, so it better work well on whomever I put it on!!

Jayne

default_biggrin.png
YEP! Sure have!

We would have our hair braided and spray it in there (at horse shows)... Then I use to use m&t only when I was younger!

Not show sheen, but have used the mane & tail products. Mane & tail shampoo & conditioner is, of course, sold for people use in some of the drug stores but I have also used the mane & tail de-tangler & shine-on.

I have really long hair. One time I decided to wear it down. I wanted it shiny and not flying around so I WET it down with Show Sheen. I had to leave with it wet as we were in a hurry to leave. What is that smell? OH NO! It wasn't Show Sheen, it was FLY SPRAY mixed up into a Show Sheen bottle! :DOH!

So I was confident that I was the only one who had no flies landing on my hair that day!
default_biggrin.png

I have really long hair. One time I decided to wear it down. I wanted it shiny and not flying around so I WET it down with Show Sheen. I had to leave with it wet as we were in a hurry to leave. What is that smell? OH NO! It wasn't Show Sheen, it was FLY SPRAY mixed up into a Show Sheen bottle! :DOH!

So I was confident that I was the only one who had no flies landing on my hair that day!
default_biggrin.png

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Tooo funny!!!!

Not me. As I understand it, Show Sheen is silicon-based and as such it coats the hair, leaving it unable to keep it's natural balance by absorbing and releasing moisture in the air. Silicon is also hard to wash off and can form a build-up on hair over time. I use only natural shampoos and conditioners and almost never blow dry or curl my hair as heat can be very damaging, as well. Perms and coloring are definitely OUT. I get a trim about every 6 months or so, and that's it. My hair is full and long, almost down to my waist.

Last edited by a moderator:

https://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/data/emoticons/default_biggrin.png[/IMG]

Robin, that's a good thing, right??!!
default_biggrin.png

I've done that by accident, hit the trigger and hit myself with flyspray and headed straight to the shower!!!

I use Cowboy Magic Mane and Tail Detangler on the horses and myself.

Until 3 weeks ago, before I whacked my hair off, it was down past my waist and curly...I'd not have made it thru a comb thru session without Cowboy Magic....... I also use their dry skin lotion.......

I don't see why Show Sheen wouldn't work.....might need to check the label to check what the content is, to see if you'd want to use it long term...... I know many hair salon's sell Cowboy Magic products.

My hair is down past my butt and some times a spritz of something is good.

Just not fly spray!
default_blush.png

default_biggrin.png

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
:arg! Too funny! I'm having a bit of trouble with my own long locks, I'm keeping it tied for the moment.

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Too funny!!!!

I have not used Show Sheen but also use the Cowboy Magic stuff- have been for years. I have long hair that is really fine and it will be full of knots in 10 minutes if I dont braid it or whatever- a dab of Cowboy Magic and I'm good to go!!

I have also used their shampoos, etc... and believe I have one of their conditioners in MY shower (not the barn) I have also used the Mane & Tail stuff in the past....

Shucks, try it out and let us know how it goes!

I use Cowboy Magic detangler every morning
default_smile.png

I also use the M&T conditioner, i towl dry my hair and rub a small amount of it threw my hair
default_smile.png

Never used show sheen though
default_smile.png

I use it on my yorkie and it is better than any dog product I have bought. It really keeps her from matting and stays shiney.

Yup, but it wasnt ever on purpose!! :DOH! Always seemed the wind would blow just as I sprayed LOL If you use it just a for a bit and wash it out, bet it wouldnt be a problem, but if it stays it would probably cause breakouts. I think that silicon based frizz stuff is meant to be washed out each day. Least for me it needs to be so its never used. I use Garnise' hair milk for the same results.

Latest posts

Back