Have you ever this

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anita

Reaction score
who looks like his/her father, acts like him, same movement, same color, shakes the head the same way, even likes the same food?

We have a 2 month old colt and he is exactly a small version of our stallion. Its amazing!

A

i have a filly that is the same. same actions same temperment . And also shakes her head the same way when she runs as her daddy! Lorie

Last edited by a moderator:
Anita,

I have one that is just like him dam. He has her whinny, her movement (tail it the air, prancing sort of trot), shakes his head, twists his neck like her. She is chestnut and he is bay and about an inch taller, but other than that he's a copy. When he acts up I tell him "yep, you're your mother's boy!"

Also, she HATES getting her wormer and so does he!
default_wacko.png
:

BTW, If the sire you're talking about is Bantam's son, be glad he didn't get the attitude of his mom, Sweet Pea. She's a handful!!! I'm hoping next year's foal gets Corona's personality and not hers!!! Geesh! :eek:

i have a funny 3 generation thing going on here......

i own a colt, his mommy, and grandma. when they rub their tails every so often, it's back up to fence, one rub to the left, walk in a circle, one rub to the right, then walk off. soo cute when the 3 do it at the same time lol.

and the colt and his mama, if they dont want to do something while on the lead, they'll just ram into your leg.
default_wub.png
:

and despite my efforts to un-teach him this, his mama tought him how to untie leadropes and open stall doors.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

they roll the same way too! walk around, sniff sniff, almost dooown...wait no not right, a little to the left, nope still not right, take off and buck, then come back and sniff, paw, sniff, paw....aaaaaaaaaand plunk. exhale and make grunty noise, rol over on side, then move back and forth, get up and repeat procces again. once the mare and her mom did it side by side totally in sync, it was awesome! wish i had it on tape!

Latest posts

Back