Hauling?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an old two horse straight load for small trips can haul all 4 minis and put carts in the back of the truck. For shows I have an ancient old gooseneck stock trailer that I put all four minis in the front part and shut the divider gate so I can haul my carts in the back part. It doesn't look good but works great for hauling minis and carts. My horses haul untied and just walk around so I don't need dividers. My stock trailer is 16' so easy for me to tow.

I have big horses, too. My trailer, a 2 horse slant, was bought to fit my Thoroughbred and other big horses. So, that's what I use! I can put one in the front part, and two that get along in the back part, and they have plenty of room. I can fit three in the back part and they are still comfortable. I can not use the divider, and fit six in there if they really get along (I've done that before!).

Jessi

This is our trailer made especially for mini's, I think this will be our 4th show season with it in 2008. I really like it, it has a 4 ft tack area in the front, and room for 6 horses, maybe 7 if you have two smaller ones, the last stall is bigger than the rest. We have it loaded down usually, and it pulls really well behind our truck.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d73...6108AYs2rJu3as2

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d73...6108AYs2rJu3as2

*on a side note, how do you get Shutterfly pictures to come up on here instead of the addy? If you put the addy in the picture thing at the top it does nothing?

I am curious for people that have modified a 2 horse SL bumper pull what if anything do you use to make a window. I have a new to me but very old trailer and hauled to a lesson for the first time only to have the rearing to look out - over and over again - really unnerved me.
default_wacko.png

Curious what others have used.

Thanks in advance

Hey Terri,

I was just wondering how long is your trailer approx.? We have been looking at ones just like yours as we recently grew out of our little Hawk trailer. :DOH! We thought something like this might be a great alternative for us because it looks light weight and easy to mount carts to the top. Also how tall is it inside? Most of the ones I've seen are 5 feet tall. I was wondering if that might be a problem for some?

Last edited by a moderator:
For the shows (hauling 3-6 minis) we use our 3 horse slant with mid tack and living quarters. We just got it last year and haven't had it modified for minis yet, so we just had the factory add stud dividers between each stall and then put 2 minis in each slot with the back slot being good if we have momma and baby to haul.

truckandtrailer.jpg
default_worshippy.gif
Parmela
default_worshippy.gif

We recently orderd a 6X10 utility trailer with windows, sky light, and light. It has barn doors and my dad is going to add windows in them. We are going to make our own dividers.

Hey Terri,I was just wondering how long is your trailer approx.? We have been looking at ones just like yours as we recently grew out of our little Hawk trailer. We thought something like this might be a great alternative for us because it looks light weight and easy to mount carts to the top. Also how tall is it inside? Most of the ones I've seen are 5 feet tall. I was wondering if that might be a problem for some?
Our trailer is 17 feet long, and 5X5 on the inside top to bottom and side to side. It has not been a problem for us being 5 feet. We are only in there long enough to clean out poo and load them up, I like it that we can load shavings on top and if we needed to a cart. My husband will climb on top and I can hand him the bags of shavings from the ground. It also does not grab the wind behind our truck while hauling, and is easy to hook up.

The only feature I wish I could change would be the windows, when we looked they did not have the drop down windows so there would be more air flow for the horses while stopped. We had them install 6 vents on top, one over each horse, and it works, plus we had them put as many windows as possible on each side. We have been stopped before in hot weather on an interstate for several hours with an older trailer we had. So that was one thing I wanted to be prepared for.

A few months ago I was having the same problem -had a 16 foot GN trailer and 2 minis . I wanted to downsize but still needed a trailer that could be used for my minis , one old big horse and my dairy goats . Thanks to all the positive comments about Wrangler Trailers I decided to buy one and was able to customize a trailer and add just what I need. check out theri web site - www.wranglertrailers.com

My trailer is a 16 foot bumper pull that is 6' 6 " tall . It has a 4 foot tack room . The ( 12 ft ) horse compartment has mini dividers int the rear section ( can haul 3 ) and a center gate . I haul my cart in the front compartment or I could fit 3 more minis in the front . There is an escape door , rear ramp and drop down windows on all sides . There are also 3 air vents and 2 fans ! It is not aluminum but has aluminum skin so hopefully will not fade or rust.

My trailer looks similar to the one Jill posted except mine is not a gooseneck. Also , like Jill I am very excited and have to go look at it every day.

I picked it up this past Friday and on Saturday took my gelding to a driving clinic about an hour away . He rode great and the trailer pulled like a dream.

Latest posts

Back