haulers, going rate?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvwalkers

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]was wondering what the going rate is for transporting minis? 500 miles? thanks, Nikki[/SIZE]

for 500 miles I would expect to pay around 400-450 bucks or so

I just had a hauler tell me for a 1 horse haul it should run about 50 cents per mile.

If there are multiple horses coming from the same area then it could be less.

[SIZE=14pt]thanks for the replies and the PM's, i guess it just depends on the hauler, anywhere from under .50 cents to around $1.00 a mile. thanks for the help, Nikki[/SIZE]

I think the thing to keep in mind is most commerical haulers have a minimum they charge

go to travelinghorse.com and ask for quotes. There may be a tremendous variation in rates from one shipper to another.

Charlotte

I have also used Uship.com,it was only for a 250 mile haul. It worked well for us.

This can be setup for just getting quotes or a bid style that you can choose which of the bidders you would prefer to ship your horse. We ended up paying 125.00 for a full sized horse.

Edited to say that it wasn't. It was a 115.00 because uship rebates $10-$100 based on your shipping fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went through uship and found the hauler that moved my mare from So. CA to No, NV and that person was not reputable at all. They showed up about 4 days late. On the day they told me they would deliver they called me from the Hoover Dam and asked me where they were supposed to meet me. Hoover Dam is near Las Vegas and I am near Reno. 350 miles away. They also had not even picked up my horse yet. Then after they did pick up my horse they called me from Carson City for directions which is 45 min. away from me and 5 hours later they showed up asking for more money than agreed on. I had to call the police to get my horse off their trailer. Also, a few different times they told me they could just drive off with my horse and I could do nothing about it. So, I guess what I am saying is, if you have a hauler move your horse make sure that they are insured and bonded and properly licensed with good references from several parts of the country.

[SIZE=14pt]thanks everyone i will check out those sites. Katiean, i have had some shipping issues myself in the past :eek: ...[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back