Has Anyone on Here Ever Seen a Black Fawn?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
These were, apparently, shot near Beamsville, ON. I heard (though I'm not sure if this correct and will have to do some research) that black fawns are even more rare than albinos. Beautiful, huh?

BlackFawn.jpg

BlackFawn1.jpg

BlackFawn2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, I'd never seen or even heard of anything like that. How beautiful! Thank-you so much for posting.

Stunning!

My sister has a herd of "pinto" deer that hang out in her area. I didn't believe her until I saw them for myself.

Very neat, thanks for sharing...I've never even thought about there being a possibility of a black whitetail...I've seen albino, piebald, but never black...The mother has lots of black on her face and ears...in the second pic if you look close you can even see the spots on the black fawn very faintly.

This was a first for me..........He/She is beautiful!

That is really neat!!!! Never heard of it before and my hubby and son are avid outdoorsmen. Thanks for sharing!

never seen that before - did you take those photos? If so, I'm sure some of the hunting magazines would love to feature your pictures - rare indeed! very neat! Even your DNR would appreciate seeing that -
No, I didn't shoot these. I'm having a bit of a blonde moment perhaps, but what is DNR?

No, I didn't shoot these. I'm having a bit of a blonde moment perhaps, but what is DNR?
I'm pretty sure its Department of Natural Resources, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure its Department of Natural Resources, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct, thats what DNR stands for.

Matt oh my heavens what a beautiful creature. I have never seen one before. So very pretty. Yeah I would contact the DNR, and let them know you or someone you know has spotted a black whitetail deer. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Very cool. Growing up, we had quite the population of the patchy white and buckskin deer (looked like pintos as already said).

I have also witnessed the black coloration in ringneck pheasants, but I have never before seen it in whitetail deer. Stunning!

You are correct, thats what DNR stands for.

Matt oh my heavens what a beautiful creature. I have never seen one before. So very pretty. Yeah I would contact the DNR, and let them know you or someone you know has spotted a black whitetail deer. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Ohhh...Coming from a medical family, the only thing I associate DNR with is "Do Not Resucitate" lol. Thanks
default_smile.png

I HAVE!!!

I seen a black doe about 5 yrs ago in North Branch Michigan. She was coming across a bean feied and crossed the road right in front of my car. At 1st glance I thought I was seeing things but as she got closer then crossed the road about 10 feet in front of me I know she was real.

Wow and to think that I thought she may have been a demostic deer, now I 2nd guess that thought...

Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back