HAs anyone ever used puppyfind.com?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casnos Minis

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt]We think she was scammed as she hasn't been able to get ahold of anyone since last week including the so called vet's office. The seller is fron Neosho, Missouri. They sell West Highland White terriers. Has anyone had any problems with buying from puppyfinder.com? [/SIZE]

Christy

There are ALOT of scammers that sell through puppyfind. Has she sent them any money yet? There are alot of things to do to check them out before any money is sent.

I too was scammed but not from puppyfind, but from yahoopets.com I fortunatley paid with paypal and used a credit card and recieved most of the money back from my cc company. There are alot of frauds out there and they are using the dogs big time. I was super careful but they still found ways to say what I wanted to hear. Good luck with this, I hope maybe they are just out of town or something.

If you do a Google Search, and carefully place your words:

puppy mills

Neosho Missouri

West Highland White Terriers

puppyfinder

etc.

You will find a huge amount of information on the Hunte Corporation, whoever they are, as suppliers to various petshops of puppies from various mills in that location. They have left a paper trail of misery for these puppies a mile long.

I have no idea if your mother's dog is involved, but that same dog also just came up for me in a search and is still for sale.

I would be calling the Sheriff's Department in Neosho immediately.

I sell puppies through puppyfind.com and there are a LOT of scammers on there. They've also infiltrated the newspapers and every other puppy site on the internet, just like they are on Lil Beginnings saleboard. I can now spot a scammer from a mile away. If you read enough ads they stick out like a sore thumb. I have turned so many in that puppyfind should pay me for my services!

Good luck to your Mom, I hope she gets her money back for a puppy that doesn't even exist.

[SIZE=18pt]Thanks guys. She did already pay for him. He was supposed to be gtting fixed last week and shipped out this week. HIs name is Boogie. [/SIZE]

Marty- I must be stupid as when I do a google search it only has enough sapce for one thing. I do have the police numbers for her, plus the animal shelter. All she has is the woman's name and phone number. She keeps saying that they won't do anything so she doesn't want to call.

I told her she's calling no matter what!!! She just very disappointed as she used to have a westie and loved very much. This was an xmas gift from my dad, but he's 75 and doest research things throughly. HE's a believer of there are no mis represented sellers. How wrong he is.

Christy

This is giving me chills, in a odd way. I'm about half an hour south of Neosho and I used to work for the Hunte Corporation about 10 years ago, before they built their big building. Many times, they took better care of the puppies than the breeders did, sadly. I saw so many puppies go through there :no: We'd only have them for a week. That was only 7 days to get their weight up, cleaned up, ears cropped, hair clipped, microchipped and healthy in time for shipping. I had no clue what they did there. I only applied for the job because I wanted to work around the puppies. I'd never seen so many puppies in my life. And if a puppy was too sick to be shipped, they'd go back to the breeder. They do have an on-site vet and a more modern facility now, and even a pet store right in Goodman, MO, but I don't think they've changed much on the inside.

I use a vet in Neosho for spaying/neutering. What's the name of the vet that was used? If it's the same one that I use, there's usually a 2 month wait for the surgery, so you might've been lied to about that. I don't know many people in Neosho, but I can ask around for you, if you'd like. You're welcome to pm me. Good luck getting your mom's dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is giving me chills, in a odd way. I'm about half an hour south of Neosho and I used to work for the Hunte Corporation about 10 years ago, before they built their big building. Many times, they took better care of the puppies than the breeders did, sadly. I saw so many puppies go through there :no: We'd only have them for a week. That was only 7 days to get their weight up, cleaned up, ears cropped, hair clipped, microchipped and healthy in time for shipping. I had no clue what they did there. I only applied for the job because I wanted to work around the puppies. I'd never seen so many puppies in my life. And if a puppy was too sick to be shipped, they'd go back to the breeder. They do have an on-site vet and a more modern facility now, and even a pet store right in Goodman, MO, but I don't think they've changed much on the inside.

I use a vet in Neosho for spaying/neutering. What's the name of the vet that was used? If it's the same one that I use, there's usually a 2 month wait for the surgery, so you might've been lied to about that. I don't know many people in Neosho, but I can ask around for you, if you'd like. You're welcome to pm me. Good luck getting your mom's dog.
Steph just fyi

Hunte corp is the largest puppy broker in the US they don't breed the dogs just wholesale the pups to pet stores around the world. The problem is they often buy these pups from very unscrupulous breeders at low prices in great quantity. I would never ever suggest buying a puppy from any of the puppyfind sites no matter how glamorous the site looks a dirty unscrupulous breeder is often what is behind it. You need to find a quality reputable breeder where you can meet the parents and get health status and guarantees this takes alot more time but is worth it in the end.

Good luck getting the money back....

try getting referrals from the parent club for a puppy

http://www.westieclubamerica.com/

Steph just fyiHunte corp is the largest puppy broker in the US they don't breed the dogs just wholesale the pups to pet stores around the world. The problem is they often buy these pups from very unscrupulous breeders at low prices in great quantity.
Oh I knew that, after I started working there. It became obvious very quickly. People would bring in truckloads of puppies and leave with a check. Many times, with Hunte, it didn't matter if the puppy is papered or healthy (one min pin, I can never get his picture out of my head. I think they probably put him down), many times they're not even pure bred, as long as they look like it. When they were brought in, the on site vet inspected them right away. Many times we'd be giving them meds for illnesses, or Bil-Jac (the refrigerated kind) for underweight dogs to rapidly get weight on them. This was all done in a week. Then they were loaded into an air conditioned truck to be shipped across the country. Some of the trucks were going to airports, to be flown overseas. It was a very sad place, and the puppies were all terrified. I soooo wanted to take them all home, but the prices that Hunte was wanting were rediculous. I didn't stay there long. The supervisor was a hag and I couldn't stand what was going on there.

There are other puppy mills close by that I know of. One, I'm not sure if it's still in operation, breeds small dogs like Chinese crested and others. Those puppies are kept in an old chicken house. I know because I applied for a job with that lady, never got it though. I'm grateful.

I think I might have used that when I was wanting a collie puppy (and got one, my blue merle collie, Kelsey). I think that may have been the site that put me in touch with the breeder but I could be confused. It worked out great for me but I talked personally to the breeder and we did not exchange money until I went to pick up my puppy -- so this may have been a different site?

You will find the scammers anywhere even here on the lb forum! I used puppy find to sell some corgi and doxie puppies and had excellent results most sold locally anyway or close enough like PA where people came and got them. I bought one from there also with great contact with the breeder, picked him up at nationals and all was well. I also use nextdaypets.com The past two litters I have had were sold before I got to the advertising stage because of leftover people on the waiting list and my web site. I dont think the whole idea of puppyfind is bad, I think there are bad breeders/mills wherever you go be it local paper or internet. I am so very sorry about your mom..... Puppyfind needs to be made aware that you have this issue. They have a way to go back and leave feedback on the ad where you found the puppy and they also have a contact page to call or e mail when something goes wrong. They will ban the person from using it again if they know who it is and what the situation is.

Lyn

I USED PUPPYFIND WHEN I BOUGHT MY SHIH TZU. IT WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR ME BUT I TALKED TO ABOUT 50 BREEDERS BEFORE I FOUND ONE I LIKED AND TRUSTED. MY PUPPY CAME FROM GEORGIA AND WAS FLOWN TO N.Y. I HAD TO WIRE THE $ TO THE LADY'S ACCOUNT WHICH WAS SCARY ($1500.00) BUT THANK GOODNESS EVERYTHING WORKED OUT. I HOPE COMMUNICATION IS JUST BAD IN YOUR CASE, I WILL CROSS MY FINGERS FOR YOUR MOM. IF THIS IS A SCAM, WHAT ASHAME :no: . SORRY THIS HAS HAPPENED, NIKKI

[SIZE=18pt]Thanks everyone for your thoughts, concerns, advice and suggestions. The woman finally called my mom back last night at 10 pm our time. She's been straight out at work. She works for the vet clinic that she has her puppies spayed and neutered through. Their secretary is out sick and they are so busy no one can get to the phone in time. The puppy is coming in tomorrow afternoon on the plane. My mom voiced her concerns to the woman and told her that has never done this before and she thought it was a scam. The woman assured her that it was not and they talked for about 2 hours about it. We've always gotten mutts from the pound or gone to the breeders home to see pups, this time it was differant. This woman only breeds Westies. [/SIZE]

Again thnks everyone,

Christy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry ML I didnt mean SELLING scammers , I meant buying ones.... I didnt clarify. I know you are vigilant about who gets here and who doesnt. I didnt mean to imply people selling on the board .

Lyn

:aktion033: SO GALD IT WASN'T A SCAM!!!! YOU HAVE TO KEEP US POSTED WHEN THE PUPPY GETS THERE!
default_smile.png
NIKKI

Glad it worked out! Whew!!! :aktion033:

It is not my intention to offend anybody here, and I tried so hard to sit on my hands, but I

just can't.

Please people, buy your puppies from a reputable breeder with a good reputation and

references! You don't need to use these puppy selling sites..your risk of getting ripped

off is ridiculous. Sure, many of the breeders are legit, but I question why they need to use

sites like this to find homes. In some cases you may even be supporting puppy mills without

even knowing it. People can say anything over the phone!

Yes, we have bought puppies from out of State, but having shown dogs for 30 years we

at least have the luxury of either knowing the breeder firsthand or being able to check

with several others in our breed that do know them personally.

If you are interested in a certain breed, get a list of reputable breeders from the AKC. They

should be able to at least direct you to a local AKC breed club that can assist you in finding

a good breeder in your own area. Not that you can't still get ripped off, but your chances are

much less. And you can see how the puppies are kept, demand to see health testing papers

on the parents, etc. (every breed has their own set of problems they should be tested for before

they are considered for breeding - if they tell you the problem is not in their line...go elsewhere).

Most breeders I know won't even place a puppy without a home check.

If they don't require references from the buyer, and just take them at their word, that makes

me uneasy. You would not believe the stories that we and others have been told by prospective

homes that turn out to be untrue. It works both ways.

Again, I am so happy for you and all the others that this method of buying (or selling) puppies has worked out for!! But like anything else, it's Buyer - and Seller - Beware...please be careful!

And enjoy that baby when it arrives!
default_smile.png

Shelley

I agree with Shelley - people, please always buy your puppies directly from the breeder! DO NOT buy from pet stores or from websites like the one mentioned. I used to work for a BIG chain pet store and I know some of their puppies came from puppy mills.

I always buy my dogs - even the unregistered ones - right from the breeder. That way I can check out the environment, parents, etc. and be assured my puppy is coming from a good place.

There are legitimate small breeders all over the place for almost all breeds, so please try to find a local breeder you trust before looking elsewhere! Your local newspaper, grocery store bulletin board or "bargain finder" classified paper as well as dog magazines are all good places to start. Or if you're looking for a specific breed, go to a dog show and speak with the breeders and exhibitors there.

Latest posts

Back