Has anyone ever been scamed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never had a problem with paypal either and they actually helped me get my money back from a bad shipping company who was ripping me off of several hundred dollars!! And it didnt take long either!

I use Paypal all the time and I love it. I've only had a couple of issues (one, a purchase that was never sent to me, and another time, I received an item that wasn't as described). Both times, I contacted Paypal and got my money back within a few days.

Paypal is like anything else - it does have it's problems. But, I've had more problems with my bank account. A few years ago, a company got ahold of my bank account number (which is on every single check we issue) and started withdrawing money from my account in fairly small increments, like $29.99 and $39.99. I guess they hoped I wouldn't notice. As soon as I got my statement, I make a trip to the bank and blocked them from withdrawing more, but that money was unrecoverable since they were located in another country.

I don't know that I'd trust Paypal for a really large amount, though, not unless it was from someone I trusted. As in all things, you have to be cautious.

Pat

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never had a problem with Paypal. I don't purchase much via internet, but when I do it has been a good experience.

I do have a checking account that is used only for Paypal transactions. As soon as I am notified by Paypal that the funds are in my paypal account, I have it withdrawn and placed in my "special" checking account. The transfer takes 2 to 3 days. When it makes it to my checking account I immediately take it out. I only leave about $10.00 in that account. If someone tried to get money out of my account all they would get would be $10.00.

When I first set up my Paypal account I read somewhere to do this and that is what I did. Haven't had any problems so far.

well, I just got off the phone with Pay Pal and they said if there were enough complaints they MIGHT be able to re open her file ...no mention of me getting any money back....300.. dollars, and now I find out that she has scammed several of you on this forum..also she has sent a request asking me for an additional order that Pay Pal suggusted I dont pay..... I am not afraid to say who she is ..hey if she is ripping people off left and right , she should be mentioned ...Michelle Brown from Pueblo Colorado, selling Smooth EZ horseware... wont return calls , has me blocked with phone number on the web . Pay pal offered me her cell number with my transaction, doesnt return e-mails , and says she is on vacation until the 45 day period is up, to file a claim and get your money back. Of all the rotten things ....
default_no.gif

The only time I did get scammed was when I bought a camera off ebay and paid with cashiers check. The camera never came and I was out $2200. had I paid with paypal I would have gotten at least some if not all the money back.

uwharrie, this is exactly what happened to me and Pay Pal would do NOTHING! If you don't get your merchandise you are just outta luck! Don't go to Pay Pal for help! Our case was even investigated and reported on one of our national news affiliates but even that didn't help! By the way, the credit card company involved was 'Whats in your wallet'! They wouldn't help us either and took MONTHS and many many forms filled out before they said......SORRY!!!!!

Charlotte
Charlotte..........Speaking of SCAMS........that credit card company IS one! It's taken us a YEAR to finally get them to cancel our account. We no longer had the cards and they were finding ways to charge us FEES for SOMETHING every month!!!! (We had paid the sucker OFF, but they STILL charged us for stuff, like user fees -- etc......and we couldn't even use the account if we wanted to! I called them a half dozen times, and wrote them too!)

Supposedly our account is now officially closed, and I have requested a written verification of it........Still have NOT received that verification.......Grrrrrrrrrrr...... Do NOT use Capital One Visa!!!!

I have never had a problem with Paypal. I don't purchase much via internet, but when I do it has been a good experience.
I do have a checking account that is used only for Paypal transactions. As soon as I am notified by Paypal that the funds are in my paypal account, I have it withdrawn and placed in my "special" checking account. The transfer takes 2 to 3 days. When it makes it to my checking account I immediately take it out. I only leave about $10.00 in that account. If someone tried to get money out of my account all they would get would be $10.00.

When I first set up my Paypal account I read somewhere to do this and that is what I did. Haven't had any problems so far.
I agree with Karin cause that's How I paid for some minis I got from her...no problems and you get a receipt right away!

Latest posts

Back