Harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have a Smuckers Harness? If you do which type have you got or would recomend? Does it fit well? Any likes/dislikes?

Thanks

Claire

I have one. The pleasure harness. It is a really well made harness. Has held up incredibly well.

It does not fit my 33" mini very well but well enough to work. I never use the breeching or the noseband because they do not fit and I do not show yet. Sizes are so hard because mini's come in so many different sizes and shapes. I wonder if the small pony size would fit my mini better. I had to order some spare parts for it and Smuckers was great to deal with.

I have many Smuckers harnesses a brand new custommade team harness which is for sale and most of my driving harnesses are made by them and I love love love them if something on your harness doesn't fit just call them they will do any adjusting and it is so good to work with people who drive probably daily!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Bonnie

I have a big horse harness made by Smuckers and it is awesome! We also have 2 Draft horse adjustable collars made by them and they are beautiful as well. PM me if you want the name of a wonderful harness maker that made me my mini harness (draft type) as well as my draft team harness and regular horse harness. They will make the harness custom fit to your horse with plenty of adjustments. Let me know if you want his name and number. VERY reasonable cost as well. I am extremely pleased with their products and have just ordered another horse harness custom made for my Paint colt.

I started with Smuckers harness, 'way back in '85-my first harness was their "Lite" line, the most basic. I now have two of those(in the russet leather, no longer listed as available in the "Lite")-they are my primary 'everyday' harness, and have gone many a mile! They both fit very well, on everything I've had them on!

I also have a black with brass fittings "Pleasure" harness, and it also fits quite well, and looks perfectly nice(it is the next step up from the "Lite".)

Finally, I have a "Deluxe" in russet with brass. It is absolutely GORGEOUS! I have never used it-got carried away and ordered it without having a cart it is suitable for use with(natural wood finish with brown/russet trim), so it is for sale.

Smuckers is a well-regarded maker, and the product is clearly of quality. I have never had an issue with fit on any of my Smuckers harness, and would recommend it to anyone. Their "top of the line" harnesses compare with about any, from what I've seen and heard! Now, they also work in synthetic(beta); the photos of the beta harness look VERY handsome-and it is somewhat less expensive than leather.

Latest posts

Back