Harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoey3

Reaction score
There is a new Nice B size Harness on the Little Horse Barn Auction. Item number 13401. I have a B minature gelding. What questions do i ask seller to make sure this harness will fit him ... I am new to the driving. Help. Thank you Debby

I would ask:

Length of belly band

Length of surcingle, measured largest hole to largest hole and shortest hole to shortest hole, making sure that the measurement is taken on the underside of the surcingle, not over the topside of it.

Length of browband, measuring from front of crown to front of crown

length of headstall longest & shortest holes

Length of breeching, with measurement specifying if rings are included or not included in that measurement

Length of traces, measured from center of breastcollar to longest hole on the traces

Consider the price before buying & check around on the prices of some new harnesses of similar quality. I would seriously recommend paying $100 to buy a new carriage harness from Ozark--it has better quality throughout (buckles alone tell the story on quality IMO) and you can get it custom sized so that you can be absolutely certain it will fit your horse well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your help fellow Canadian. I am from Calgary .I am new to showing minatures and everyone is so helpful on this site.. Thanks again Debby

Hey, nice to meet a fellow Canadian--I thought you were from Texas, as that is what shows as your location!
default_biggrin.png

I live in Texas but i will never give up my Canadian citizenship.... My parents and brother live in Calgary. I go home alot when the weather is good. ha ha .. left due to not a winter girl. talk soon Debby

I would ask:

Length of belly band

Length of surcingle, measured largest hole to largest hole and shortest hole to shortest hole, making sure that the measurement is taken on the underside of the surcingle, not over the topside of it.

Length of browband, measuring from front of crown to front of crown

length of headstall longest & shortest holes

Length of breeching, with measurement specifying if rings are included or not included in that measurement

Length of traces, measured from center of breastcollar to longest hole on the traces

Consider the price before buying & check around on the prices of some new harnesses of similar quality. I would seriously recommend paying $100 to buy a new carriage harness from Ozark--it has better quality throughout (buckles alone tell the story on quality IMO) and you can get it custom sized so that you can be absolutely certain it will fit your horse well.

Thank you, Minimor, I will also keep that in mind when I am ready t buy a harness!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back