Harley the guardian horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

journey

Reaction score
Our neighbor that lives behind us has a little mixed black dog, she has found her way under our fence. Today Harley took off after her, she was not being a threat at all, but he was giving it all he had, she scurried off under the fence. Last week he stomped a cat from the dairy farm that jumped the fence. This is new to us, because he has never done this. Sissy is a small dog and he has NEVER tried to stomp her. Is this normal and what would cause this behavior? I know it is his pasture and his home, but is there a way to stop this behavior?

Just about every horse I have will chase after a dog and stomp a kittie. My dogs don't even think about coming in the barnyard cause my horses will attack them.

Could be a territorial thing because they do let one certain kittie in the barn area and seem to be friends with just that one, and don't bother him but not the others. They will be stomped.

This is Chrissy and she's a maniac about kittie stomping. She will flat put one's lights out in a New York minute but for some reason, she lets this cat live! They all seem to love just this one kittie. He must have 9 lives.

Chrissyandkitty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He just started this last week, so I was worried. :lol: He does not bug Sissy my little 14 lb inside dog and Harley has made friends with our cat through the window. He sticks his nose to the screen and sniffs her it is really cute. Everytime I try to take a picture he walks away from the window. So he just doesn't like strange animals. I can deal with that, I called the lady who owns the dog and told her that if she didn't keep her dog in her yard, it may be stomped to death.

I had one that would pursue and stomp dogs. I also found birds in the pasture that he had killed. He would come running from clear across the pasture if my neighbor came over with a dog. My first and only experience with a "stomper", but I have heard of others. I don't know that I would be in a hurry to break him of it, as it might save horse lives someday. Let the dogs stay out of his way!

Marsha

Latest posts

Back