Hardshipping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon

Reaction score
I have been asking around about this lately. I just had a post about the cost of hardshipping exc. But heres what I want. I don't know if anyone else out there cares much about it but just thought I would bring it up
default_smile.png
Is there anyone else who thinks it would be a good idea to be able to Hardship into amha when a horse is a weanling? Just Wondering. I think its interesting getting a whole bunch of people opinions who influence our breed. Thats why I love the forum.. The people!

Last edited by a moderator:
Devon, like I said in my other post, there is not way to tell if a foal or young horse will mature oversize... what if it was right on track for hitting 34 inches and had a growth spert and ended up going over? After you paid $500 or how ever much it is, the chances are most people wont be honest and turn back the papers, so in order to prevent that they wait till they are five/done growing.

JMO

Gage

I know.. I understand their reasoning I did read what youve told me. It is your money you've wasted not theirs though.
default_smile.png

What if you were able to get a temporary registration which allowed you to show that horse. It would have to meet the requirements for it age and be measured by a past or present board member. When your horse turned 5 it would then be measured by a past or present board member again to become permanent. If it is not remeasured the papers would be revoked. I have heard that this proposal will be brought up in Las Vegas.

Thanks Dave for your reply! I think that would be fair if the registration fee was reasonable for the temp papers? As long as it continues to meet the A requirements, it may certainly increase those registered and shown too.

Has there been any discussion on what may happen if the horse had a foal prior to being 5, and then did end up going over? What would happen to the registration of the foal then? Perhaps the same process? But would the pedigree then be lost on the over parent?

Oh, so many 'ifs' go through my head..... :bgrin

the only thing i know about hardshipping is, they make it so hard for us little guys! just because we are not a wealthy big breeder doesn't mean our horses don't deserve papers if they meet the requirements. i bought a filly 2 years ago from folks who were told by the breeder she would get them papers, and never did... she is coming 3 and still only about 31" so easily meets requirements... but i would have to win the lottery to justify paying what they want to hardship. so sad because she would make beautiful foals with my daughter's tiny double-registered stallion, but neither we nor she will allow the breeding because the mare is unpapered...

What if you were able to get a temporary registration which allowed you to show that horse. It would have to meet the requirements for it age and be measured by a past or present board member. When your horse turned 5 it would then be measured by a past or present board member again to become permanent. If it is not remeasured the papers would be revoked. I have heard that this proposal will be brought up in Las Vegas.
Laurie,

I think that your question is a very good one and one that I too have pondered. I think that when this is proposed that will be discussed and a solution will be found. I have not checked into this very far, as I said I heard that this was going to be proposed in Vegas and was trying to see what people thought of the idea.

Latest posts

Back