Hardshipping procedures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawgirl

Reaction score
How do I go about hardshipping a gelding into AMHR?
default_unsure.png

Unless he is AMHA registered or ASPC registered (and meets height requirements) he can not be hardshipped into AMHR

The amhr website has info on the web site about it. I hardshipped my amha mini. I had to do the pictures of all four sides. I also had to pay the stallion fee and the regular registration fee together on him.

Unless he is AMHA registered or ASPC registered (and meets height requirements) he can not be hardshipped into AMHR

I have a question. If he is AMHA registered and grows to tall (say he goes 35 inches) he can't be registerd AMHR. Isn't that kind of defeating the purpose of allowing larger ponies into HR. I always wondered why they don't except anything other than AMHA horses. If the horse reaches above the allowable height and can't be registered HA then thier out completely. Is that correct? Just seems odd.

Little Bits--at one time any horse that was 3 years old or older and 38" or under could be hardshipped into AMHR. That changed several years ago--the registry was closed to all but AMHA, ASPC or Falabella registered horses. Ideally a horse that has AMHA papers but outgrows them....should be hardshipped into AMHR before those AMHA papers expire. Right now an unregistered horse that is 34" & under can be hardshipped into AMHA and from there be AMHR registered, but any horse over 35" is simply out of luck. In 2013 when AMHA ends hardshipping then all will be out of luck if they don't already have papers of some sort.

If papers are important to people they will have to make sure they buy only registered horses--much the same as it already is and long has been with other breeds of horses and ponies.

Latest posts

Back