Hardshipping ASPC to AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking into an ASPC mare, she makes AMHR heigt but is only ASPC right now.

She is a 5 yr old, she has ASPC papes but i do not think she has been DNA'd yet. Is that needed before i can get her AMHR papers?

Also,

The fees. Is it $260 + another $60 (since she is +3yrs) and then what other fees?

Just one more
default_smile.png
. If you have an amhr/aspc dbl registered horse d you have to pay the transfer fee's for both papers or just one $15 for the horse or would it be $30 ($15amhr/$15aspc).

Thanks,

Leeana H.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm not mistaken, ASPC ponies can be hardshipped in to AMHR at the age of three. I think the procedure is the same as when AMHR was allowing unregistered horses to be hardship registered. I'd have to check the rule book on that. I don't believe AMHR requires DNA for the minis. When you transfer papers, a transfer fee is required for both sets of papers.

Carol

Yes you have to pay 15.00 for each set of papers as well as pics for both but I'm sure you knew that part already.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people seem to be getting really confused about the DNA...

DNA testing ONLY applies to Shetlands that are being initially registered in their 2 year old or 3 year old year. If they already have papers you don't need to get them DNA'd. This rule was put in place because someone was apparently holding off until a foal would have been mature before registering and then actually registering a Hackney ringer instead of the real Shetland foal!

When initially registering a Shetland in its 2 or 3 year old year DNA is required on BOTH parents and the offspring being registered.

Latest posts

Back