Hard shipping AMHA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knighthawke

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a mare that I might have to hard ship into the AMHA. Sire and dam are both AMHA but I have not been able to find the dam to get a DNA on her because the mare I was to register is older and the AMHA requires DNA on all if the horse is over 3 yrs old.

Also the mare is being bred now. If I get her hardshipped now would I have to hardship the foal. Or would the foal be automaticly able to register if I get it done before she foals?

Barb

I've hardshipped three mares and one stallion into AMHA. Not difficult to do at all and well worth the money to me.

If you hardship the mare now before she foals, the foal will be eligible for regular registration as long as the sire is AMHA registered too. The foal will need to be DNA tested and PQ'd.

I have done it too and it went well. They do their best to make it easy to do. A director or someone with amha will need to see and measure the horse, they will come to your house and just charge for gas or I met the person closer to their home and they didnt charge for that at all.

I believe you can reg. their foal regular amha even if they foal before the mare is hardshipped. It will just need to be PQ as Becky said. I waited till my mare successfully foaled before spending the money to hardship her.

I might be wrong, but i thought to register the foal from a mare that is being hardshipped, that you had to have the mare hardshipped before she foaled? (or at least have the fee paid to the registery with the hardship pending)

Does anyone know which is correct? Iwould like to know for sure.

I bought a mare for my daughter last Christmas, not really interested in registering her at the time, I have since had sooo much fun with Mom & her now 1 week old colt that I think I might enjoy this ! The previous owner, " Can't find her papers" & mentioned having her Hardshipped. Can anyone give me an estimate on the fees for this ? Thanks !!

If the person you bought her from is the last recoreded owner she can file for a duplicate registration.

If you know her registered name I would gladely look up her registrations # and last recorded owner.

It is MUCH cheaper to do it that way.

To hard ship a mare is $600 I think plus you have to have someone inspect her and you are responsible for paying for there transportation cost.

Barb

I looked at the price ($2k for mine) and said no thank you! I'm happy with my PtHA registration, that's all I need.
default_smile.png

I've hardshipped three mares and one stallion into AMHA. Not difficult to do at all and well worth the money to me.

If you hardship the mare now before she foals, the foal will be eligible for regular registration as long as the sire is AMHA registered too. The foal will need to be DNA tested and PQ'd.

How old do they have to be? I have a Red Roan yearling that is going to be small, and she is only AMHR reg. But her sire was both A/R, only her dam was R.

The horses must be 5 years old before they will hardship them.

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back