Happ's Driving Trials...September 17-18, 2011

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen S

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I had to share some exciting news….I have been invited to attend the “HAPP’S” VSE (Very Small Equine) Driving Trials on September 17-18, 2011 in Ethel Washington. I will be flying out to meet with a fellow member of the ASPC/AMHR, Mrs. Diane Zmolek along with Mrs. Maureen Harkcom of “Happ’s”. While there, I will have the opportunity to be trying my hand at a Dressage driving course. One of the members from there has graciously donated her beautiful mare that has won numerous awards doing these types of events for me to drive. I have never done this type of driving and looking forward to testing my driving skills and memory. I’ve heard so much about these trials, and even though I’m considered a newbie and green, I will give it my very best and have fun at trying!

I will also be looking forward to meeting those ASPC/AMHR members and ASPC/AMHR amateur members from Area 8 that will be attending this event. So stop by and say hello.

Karen Shaw

You'll have a BLAST, Karen! CDEs are fantastic, and Happs is an outstanding example of a beautifully run CDE in a magnificent setting. Maureen and company have always been extremely welcoming of minis/VSEs, encouraging their competition rather than merely putting up with them.

We won't be competing, due to my broken wrist, but we should be spectating -- so I look forward to cheering you on!

Thank you Susanne for being in my cheering section. I'm excited about doing the course will try really hard at remembering what I'm suppose to do and no matter what my score will be I'm going to have a lot of fun trying.

Karen

You'll have to find me and say "hi," Karen! I'll be out there with my boys doing dressage and cones only (Turbo is too green and Kody too out of shape to do marathon yet) both days and I'll look forward to meeting you! I know Diane and her great horse Flip so I'll look for you with them. Which horse will you be driving? I know the VSE's around here better than their drivers these days!
default_laugh.png

Leia

Back