"Hamster Herd"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
Like most kids, I had hamsters growing up, and loved them all. I never had more then one at any time, and when "Whinrie" passed on in 2005, I stored all my cages away.

Well fast forward to early this December and I purchased "Hazin" - By far one of my favorite hamsters ever! She is just awesome
default_wub.png
She sits in my hands for hours and doesn't run everywhere. She loves her ball, she loves her food, she never pees on me
default_rolleyes.gif
She is just the neatest! And the biggest hamster I've ever seen.

I liked Hazin so much I got "Commrie" in January. Well Commrie doesn't sit with you like Hazin, but is just as sweet. Her "thing" is the hamster tubes - She ADORES them!

Then I went out last weekend... I went to get more tubes for Commrie but meet "Keys" instead
default_wub.png
Although Hazin AND Commrie were both supposed to be male, they are not (Silly pet stores
default_wink.png
) So Keys is the "stallion" of my little "hamster herd". They are all so neat in different ways and I am just thrilled with them
default_wub.png
But I'm not planning on any more OR any babies
default_rolleyes.gif
These guys are actually my replacement for my horses when I go away for College. Isn't it nice when you get a job and have your own money to spend?
default_rolleyes.gif

SO here is my "Hamster Herd"

Hazin:

March172009NewCatpics639.jpg

March29new20091381.jpg

March29new2009633.jpg

Commrie:

March172009NewCatpics909.jpg

March172009NewCatpics401.jpg

Commrie IN her tube! LOL

March29new20091199.jpg

Keys:

March29new20091723.jpg

March29new20091714.jpg

March29new20091713.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

Last edited by a moderator:
They are too cute Des! Can't wait to 'meet' Commrie too! Are they going to come to Nationals with you this year?
default_laugh.png
When you said HAMSTER herd I thought HUH?????
default_new_rofl.gif

Now that you have Commrie up - she is ADORABLE!!!!! They will be such good company for you off at college.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had hamsters as a kid too. Yours are all adorable, and you can see their personalities in their pictures.
default_wub.png

Very cute. I used to breed syrian hamsters, but quit about two years ago. I have so many cages, since they cant be housed together. I had a 20 cage "condo rack" that we built. I now just have 3 male rats.

Adorable!
default_wub.png
Aren't they great pets? I have two dwarf hamsters, which are supposed to be more aggressive than the larger ones, but they are so sweet. A lot tinier than your guys! I really like Commrie.

Oh, they are so cute!! I love hamsters. Commrie really has an impish face and Hazin' does have a real sweet look. The secind one of Keys looks like he is setting up for the judge.
default_laugh.png
He's got the cool but messy hair look going on.
default_biggrin.png

I had A hamster when I was a little girl. That little guy or girl, I don't remember which it was, bit me, so I switched to guinea pigs. I wish I could have had a hamster like yours. They are just too cute. I love "pinto" animals. It's good that you have something to fill in for your horses while you are at college. Have fun and good luck.

LOL Thanks Guys
default_wub.png
I am surprised at the number of replies, I just wanted to share these fuzzy guys just for the fun of it. I'm sitting here giggling at some of your replies. I'm glad it was well received - I worried about posting hamster pictures on a horse forum
default_rolleyes.gif
Thanks again!

LOL Thanks Guys
default_wub.png
I am surprised at the number of replies, I just wanted to share these fuzzy guys just for the fun of it. I'm sitting here giggling at some of your replies. I'm glad it was well received - I worried about posting hamster pictures on a horse forum
default_rolleyes.gif
Thanks again!
OH MY GAWD!!! You mean those REALLY were HAMSTERS??? I thought they were just cute lil Minis that hadn't been clipped yet!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

They are really cute Desiree. We used to have two. We had a rat terrier that would follow them in their ball as long as they would move. I really think she thought they were here babies.

Desiree, they are adorable. I used to have hamsters to. my first lived for a week, fast foward a month or two, buy new hamster, must have had adhd, scaled the cage, was super hyper died in about two weeks. fast fowrd god knows how long, get third hamster, white with demonic looking red eyes, evil little priss, dang thing lived for three years, ran away while in base ment (good ridense) never reapered, fast foward four years, mom and dad working in base ment cleaning and such, move cabinet or smoething, find little nest containg skeleton of rodent like animal
default_new_shocked.gif
oh, I guess hamsters just arent for me, but hey, dosent mean you cant like em', I think Keys is my favorite
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back