Had a colt born on Sunday....Color has us stumped this time!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_wub.png
:wub Congratulations...he is gorgeous!!! Palomino or light sorrel? Very nice color!!!
default_yes.gif

I have a little guy here who will be one soon and I am still questioning his color but I think he might be palomino dun pintaloosa. His dam is a very dark grulla possibly smokey and or appy. Dad is silver brown. Here is Sol Man. His mane is lightening up more and more.

1 week old.
solmanitch.jpg

Here he is at 2.5 months old. I clipped his but to see what was under and this is how I discovered the possible appy markings.

solmanrump2.5months.jpg

And then some winter shots. Please excuse how messy he is. Too cold here still too clip.

solmancolor.jpg
solmanlevi.jpg

sambucasolman.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess would be also palomino, but what ever the color, congrats- what a beautiful baby! NICE!

We had a colt born 5 years ago that was colored very much like your baby and everyone told us that he was a palomino pinto which was very believable since his mother was a palomino pinto and Dad was I believe also a palomino. Our baby was born peach just as yours looks. Our baby was not a palomino pinto as first thought today he is a very nice silver buckskin who clips out nearly whiite with silver mane and tail. and soot on legs ear tips and even has drsal counter shading so time will tell positively what your baby will becomebut for now he is just beautiful. Oh and Roy's mane and tail were the same color as his body but if you have a dilute gene and a silver gene at work alot of funky things happen with color.

Beautiful colt and bet he will be a rich gold palomino color. Lucky u!

Thanks everyone for all the insite on his color and all your wonderful compliments on our colt!! We think he may be something special. Can't wait to get updated pics for you all to see....he looks better all the time.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back