Guess what I got in the mail?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundancer

Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

I just had to share this with everyone. I realize we are all human and make mistakes, but ...
default_sad.png

In the mail I received registration papers for a horse I never bought, sold or even ever owned!! Yup had the seal, papers, pictures etc, it was official. I was a proud owner of a horse I never had anything to do with!! What a nice surprise!!!

It was actually a horse my daughter had purchased and sent in the paperwork in. Now we live at the same address but thats it. She has her own membership number, it was her check, her name on the transfer.

Can you imagine if it happened to someone that wasnt on good terms with someone or didnt know the person at all and they had your papers?

I called AMHR they said they were busy and covering lunch breaks and would get back to me. Well 2 hours or so later they did. They dont know how it happened, but they would correct it!

Has this happened to anyone else??

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland Maine

A few years ago I had my papers sent to a total stranger... luckily they mailed them to me....
default_wacko.png

Honestly I can see how easy a mistake like that would be since you both live at the same address. We are all just human!

My daughter and I have the same formal first name (katherine shes katy and im kay) we do not live at the same address and you would not believe how much of her stuff I get. Even when we lived in different states. She hates me now for giving her my first name LOL. Ive gotten her bank statements, car payments etc

I think this happens where they are doing massive amounts of paperwork and someone hits the wrong key or picks up too many sheets of paper. I got ARBA papers for someone else's animals but they weren't in my name. Thing is I didn't even live in the same state as they did. I sent them on to the real owner and bypassed ARBA in the correction.

I've never gotten anyone else's papers, but Corona received his HOF in pleasure driving this year! Yeah, all 27.5" of him! Oh, did I mention he's never been hooked to a cart?!
default_wacko.png
He also was an All Star Top Ten in Chariot!! :DOH!

Mistakes happen. I believe to err is human.

My dad and brother have the same name, mind you have they have lived in different states for almost 3 years but occasionally mail for one ends up at the wrong address.

and anyone who has ever worked in a busy office knows just how easy it is for something to slip by.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL My grand father and father have the same names and banked at the same bank. This was before computers. Boy was that fun.

Yes, I can see how it might have happened...

my son and his father have a bit of a tough time keeping their bank accounts separate (same bank, they are sr and jr), and that is to me more of a problem since they have the separate SSNs it should not be so hard.

Anyway, hopefully this is pretty rare. We all make mistakes....

Liz

Its so true mistakes happen. My daughter and I got a good chuckle out of it. She had called me at work to tell me I was a proud owner of a new mini mare!! LOL I am just glad it was correctable and caused no glitches.

One of my horses was listed as being owned by someone else on the Stud book. I guess that would be an easy mistake except, I had to go through hoops to get it corrected. This was our first foal. Never owned by anyone by us.

Something funny about same names. Years ago I was in a bowling league( I was about 14 or so).... someone paged my name for a phone call. I go to answer the page and another girl was standing there. She said that the call was for her... I said no the call was for me.... we had the same exact name! We became best friends and wrote letters to each other(lived in different counties). The mail man thought I was playing tricks on him when he would see the to and from names on the letters. My maiden name was unusual so to have two people with that same name was even more unique.

Fast forward to now..... I'm much older....... and married..... I'm getting mail for someone else with my married name. She lives one road over from me. And if that wasn't strange enough.. she and I must have been pregnant at the same time. I was getting baby magazines that I thought were mine until a year later I went to tear off the label to shred and realized it was her address. I just never checked the address since it was my name on there and a baby magazine.

Just odd.......

Kim

Accidents happen, I am not above making a paper mistake or two myself
default_rolleyes.gif
(well maybe more than one or two
default_biggrin.png
) Any time I have had a problem with AMHR or AMHA with paperwork, both have been very good about helping me get things set right.

LOL julie,

I sent in three sets of papers in Jan. One was ASPR, AMHR and ASPC. I just got back the ASPR last thursday. I sure hope that the rest didn't get "lost" or whatever.. is it normal for them to send back papers seperately? I got thinking maybe it's because they are each in different registries? another thing the previous owner sent the check for the ASPR pony.... just hoping things don't get lost in the mail (we have aweful problems with our mail getting lost around here). I now my check cleared so hopefully i'll see the other two soon.

Here's a worse one!
default_biggrin.png

My husband is a "Jr" (has the same name as his father)

When hubby was a teen, the police grabbed him, cuffed him, took him to jail in the back of the cruiser, booked him and THEN learned that they had the wrong guy. They wanted Sr. and got Jr by mistake!

They should have known, since it was about traffic violations and the young boy's "car" was his bike!

This happened to me.. however, I have a story behind it..

Now, keep in mind even though my farm name is "Samson's Acres" none of my horses are registered with this prefix nor do I even relate "Samson's Acres" with any of the registries I register my horses with (big or small)..

I had just bought my QH cross gelding, Jesse.. and from the moment I saw him he reminded me SO much of my former QH x Paint (grade) gelding, Samson.. Samson was my first horse and was sadly laid to rest in 2001.

THE DAY I brought Jesse home I received a certificate from AMHR.. a horse named ______ Samson..

I took it as a sign, perhaps?! Maybe not..

I attached a short note and returned the registration.. my name, address, etc. was on this certificate..

Oh, and the horse was a beautiful chestnut pinto with matching to mark Samson..

Samson was my soul mate and in my heart for an infinite world.
default_wub.png

RIP Baby Boy!

Last year when I got my papers for my foals I also got someone elses paper work, so I sent it on to them and called AMHR. They did not seem to care much about their mistake.

I have also not gotten papers back from them and requested copies, only to find out a couple of years later that they sent them to Little Kings Farm. (who never owned the mare or bred her). It took Little Kings Farm 2 years to mail them to me, mean while I already had copies from AMHR.

Last year when I got my papers for my foals I also got someone elses paper work, so I sent it on to them and called AMHR. They did not seem to care much about their mistake.

I have also not gotten papers back from them and requested copies, only to find out a couple of years later that they sent them to Little Kings Farm. (who never owned the mare or bred her). It took Little Kings Farm 2 years to mail them to me, mean while I already had copies from AMHR.

Sue

I think your statement of the office staff NOT Seeming to Care is little out there !! What a blanket statement when they ( office staff) and we do not know who as there are several in the office , DID NOT CARE ! I would like to believe that the girls in the office try and do a good job.. Please remember they are not horse people , they do not KNOW US, and if there was someone that had a voice that seemed like they did not care, that person more than likely is NOT There any longer, and has been replaced by a caring person.. As I understand we have a bit of a turn over in office personal when it comes to the ones that are in the Secretary pool so to speak.. for lack of a better term..

And then to bring Little King Farm into the mix when I am not sure Robin or Marianne have been on Lil Beginnings in some time , to answer your statement , but I am sure they will be told if they have not already.. And I am sure they did NOT keep your papers on purpose .
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

And to the orginal poster that started this thread I am sure you did not intend this to turn into a bashing
default_sad.png

So I am sorry also for getting on my soap box and adding to it..

Are we all just so MAD AT THE AMHA & AMHR THAT WE HAVE TO CONTINUE TO
default_new_argue.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
And fight about every topic that is put on this board..

I know that there has to be some GOOD NEWS
default_thumbup.gif
SOME WHERE
default_wink.png

I've never gotten anyone else's papers, but Corona received his HOF in pleasure driving this year! Yeah, all 27.5" of him! Oh, did I mention he's never been hooked to a cart?!
default_wacko.png
He also was an All Star Top Ten in Chariot!! :DOH!
hahaha
default_wub.png
All 27.75 and a HOF in pleasure dirving .. Oh Corona you've got heart and drive to achieve so many points in a prestigous class!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

LOL

Though I have seem some awesome little little guys hooked up
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It has come to my attention that some of you feel I was bashing Little King Farm because I got a set of AMHR papers from them, that were sent to them by mistake, two years after I had sent the papers in.

It was not my intention to bash Little King Farm, I am sure that they sent the papers to me as soon as they figured out who owned the mare. I was just trying to point out that it took 2 years. Did AMHR loose the papers, Did AMHR loose them and then find them and somehow send them in a batch of paperwork to Little King Farms? Did the mail loose the papers, and why were they sent to Little Kings Farm when they never owned or bred the mare? I appreciate that Little Kings Farm Sent them to me, so why do some people always have to look for the worst and assume that I am bashing Little Kings Farm?

Latest posts

Back