GRRRRRRRR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeyranch

Reaction score
My son has to memorize the FFA Creed! He can do Geometry, but is having a heck of a time with this!

He's been telling me how hard it is, and I thought, oh, come on, you can do it.

Well he brings it home this weekend, and I read it five times and it's sooooo long, I'm not sure what I read. :new_shocked:

Any ideas to help US!?? He has to do it by next Monday, and the grade counts for 60 percent of his grade.

THE FFA CREED IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!!!! :no:

Hi,

I cannot help you out with the memorization part, but I learned it, too. So, it can be done!!!

I think I learned one paragraph at at time, then learned the next one, put them together and moved on to the next.

Good luck!

I'm in Ag. Science at the moment as a Teachers Aide and we dont have to memorize it. My freshman yr sooo many years ago we could memorize it for extra credit. I have most of it memorized. My junior yr we had Public Speaking contest and one person must memorize and speak the creed ..it was me in line to do it but last minute someone volunteered.

I know the first 2 paragraphs by heart. I would take it a paragraph at a time, thats what i did. Cant be of much help but i know how hard it is.

Z (my ag teacher) just said it took him from his freshman yr to his senior year to memorize the whole thing and he's an AG TEACHER!!!!

default_wink.png
:

[SIZE=14pt]When I was in the FFA we didn't have to memorize it either. We did read it aloud quite a few times, but we never did remember it. Maybe having him read it aloud might help, the one paragraph at a time sounds like it would work also. Good Luck, I loved FFA.[/SIZE]

Christy

One paragraph at a time. I have no uidea what the FFA creed is, but if its long, memorize it one paragraph or even one line at a time. Have him write it out too! Have him write each word and say it at the same time. He will hear it, see, it and be writing it, so it gets all of his senses at once. Its a great trick that helps most people. Also, have him post copies on the bathroom mirror, next to the fridge or computer. Read a paragraph ever time he passes it. Have him summarize each paragraph in his own words (but don't have him read THAT too many times or he will memorize the wrong version LOL) it will help him because he will remember what each paragraph is about and that will help him if he gets stuck on a paragraph... he can just say oh right, the third paragraph was the one about _______.

Tell him I said good luck!

I had to memorize this creed when I was in FFA years ago. It has changed since I memorized it, but it certainly wasn't easy to do.

It was done one paragraph at a time over 5 weeks.... One paragraph per week. Yep, it was a major part of my class grade as well. Start with the first paragraph and learn only that. Once it is memorized, then add the next paragraph. Now recite both. Once they are perfect, then you memorize the next one and then recite all 3. Do this until you have them all memorized. And writing it does help as well. Just remember... One paragraph at a time.

If your son is just starting to learn it and only has a couple of days to do so, I would have to ask when the students were initially given the assignment as I don't think anyone could memorize this thing in just a couple of days. As I stated, it was done over a 5 week period for my class. This may be something you want to take up with your son's teacher and school district if not enough time was allotted.

I memorized the version before the 63rd national convention in 1990 where it was changed several years after I graduated from high school.

For those that don't know it, here it is. The parts in italics are the parts that were changed at the 63rd national convention, and the part in the parenthesis is the old version that I learned. To me, the old version made more sense than the new, especially the change in the very last sentence. But hey... it wasn't up to me as I had no vote any longer since I wasn't in school.

FFA Creed written by E. M. Tiffany

I believe in the future of agriculture (farming) , with a faith born not of words but of deeds - achievements won by the present and past generations of agriculturists; in the promise of better days through better ways, even as the better things we now enjoy have come to us from the struggles of former years.

I believe that to live and work on a good farm, or to be engaged in other agricultural pursuits, is pleasant as well as challenging; for I know the joys and discomforts of agricultural life and hold an inborn fondness for those associations which, even in hours of discouragement, I cannot deny.

I believe in leadership from ourselves and respect from others. I believe in my own ability to work efficiently and think clearly, with such knowledge and skill as I can secure, and in the ability of progressive agriculturists to serve our own and the public interest in producing and marketing the product of our toil.

I believe in less dependence on begging and more power in bargaining; in the life abundant and enough honest wealth to help make it so--for others as well as myself; in less need for charity and more of it when needed; in being happy myself and playing square with those whose happiness depends upon me.

I believe that American agriculture (rural America) can and will hold true to the best traditions of our national life and that I can exert an influence in my home and community which will stand solid for my part in that inspiring task.

I have this knack for remembering the words to every song I hear, yes every song.....because the words are set to music. Maybe he can remember the words by singing a tune? Course it would look weird to sing in front of his class, but singing it might help him remember the words so he cat talk them in class. Hope that made sense.
default_wacko.png
:

The kids were given last week and this week to memorize it. I think one of the most difficult aspects is that it has a lot of wording that kids don't typically use.

We have the first paragraph down, and I'm going to print it out and put it up everywhere throughout the house, may not be the fanciest decor, but maybe it will help.

Kole loves the class, but this is a real downer for him right now! Wish us luck!

Latest posts

Back