Greetings from Massachusetts!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catsie

Reaction score
Forgive me if this isn't in the right spot -- I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and haven't seen any other new member posts, so I didn't know where to put mine!

I live in eastern Massachusetts, just south of Boston, and am hoping to purchase my first Mini in the next 12-18 months. I rode big horses as a kid/teenager, but left horses to pursue dog training. Now I own a dog training and walking business and desperately need a non-dog hobby!
default_smile.png
So for now I'm doing research: looking for breeders, planning to go watch a show in July, trying to figure out where I can board it safely & happily, etc. (If any of you are in my area, or know someone in my area, who has minis... let me know!)

I'm really enjoying my time on the forum so far - what a great resource you have all created here. I look forward to learning more as time goes on.
default_saludando.gif

Hi Catsie welcome from County Longford Ireland , This is the best miniature horse forum in the world and the best place to start your research ! you will find good helpful and friendly advice here and the members are always willing to answer any questions you may have . :)

Welcome from Connecticut!! I know several people in your area with minis - some on the forum. If you get a pinto mini (hint, hint) you are fairly close to the New England Pinto Shows in eastern CT, near the RI border. The shows are a ton of fun and you get exposed to big horses at the same time! Check out the Small Horse Connect (see link at top of page) for state by state lists of breeders. Also, there are a number of mini Clubs (besides Pinto) in the area. Check out the information page on our website (link in my signature) for information and links to all the ones I know of, plus general information on minis. Looking forward to running into you in person!

Oh, and yes this is the right spot for this!

Last edited by a moderator:
WELCOME to the forum, but I am betting that since you have discovered this forum, you just won;t be able to hold out in getting minis for THAT long!
default_wink.png

welcome! I also live in your area! If you have any questions feel free to ask me as my family has 4 minis. We are also part of 4H mini horse club.

Are you near Scituate, by chance? My sis and her family live there
default_smile.png
. Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!
default_smile.png

@Matt73 I am actually looking at an apartment just about 10 minutes from Scituate! Currently I live about 45 minutes from there.

@Sarah I'm sending you a PM
default_smile.png

Welcome from Ohio! I think you will find this forum full of information, and connections with ALOT of great people!

Welcome to the forum!
default_saludando.gif
You've come to the right place! It's good to "meet" you!

It won't be long until you have a mini
default_thumbup.gif

Welcome from southern illinois. I have eight minis now. Expecting 4 babies in april and may. You will get hooked on the minis.

Welcome from Ohio, there are quite a few folks in that area, one of my friends owns Hytide Miniatures in Harwich, MA on the Cape.

Hi and Welcome from Southern Oregon!! It's good that you're doing some research before you jump in and buy! If you're looking to show try and find out what kind of shows are prevalent in your area. I show Pinto and really enjoy it and there are a lot of Pinto shows in our state so it's a good venue for me. Other places have mostly AMHA or AMHR shows. So it's good to know what's close! Good luck!

Hello from Indiana! I am a new member on here as well. Don't have a mini yet either...still learning all I can.

Welcome from Maine! I live just outside of Portland Maine. There are a lot of miniature horse activities in the New England area. Welcome and enjoy!!!

Julie Flanigan

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Welcome from Maryland! We've had our girls for 3 years and its the best thing, hands down, I've ever done. Even with the aching back I regularly have these days!

Hi there from Western Massachusetts! You are going to love the world on minis. One of the first things that I read and it stuck with me and is very true.............Minis are llike potato chips. I have 5. You arer going to love being a mini mom.

Hello from the Cape! Come on down and visit anytime! (almost) Expecting a new foal anytime soon too so you can see how tiny they are!

dru

Howdy from Tennessee! My husband and his family are from Suffield CT so not far from you. We visit often. We just got our first mini and to say the least it is the best thing we've done in a long time. They are wonderful little furballs!

Latest posts

Back