Great show in IDAHO!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Rule

Reaction score
The All Star Show that we had was SO much fun. It was a good turn out, and we had some spectators, too. I know that we alked to people who started out with "Oh, how cute!" and than found out that little horses are quite the athletes too!

Horray for everyone who worked SO hard to make the show a success! I don't think I said thank you enough to everyone...it ran smoothly, and people were extremely friendly and helpful. The judges were friendly and fair...People came from eastern Idaho and Utah...it was kind of like a preview of the Blackfoot show, except there were more local people! :cheeky-smiley-006:

I hope they do it again next yearl...but I would really like it to be a 2 day show. Bilbo performed beautifully...I hadn't done in-hand trail or jumping with him before. Alan Dial showed him at halter for me, and he placed 3rd!!! It was so cool!!! Thank you Alan!
default_cheers.gif
: Bilbo even went into hunter...and performed wonderfully. I was so proud!

It was lovely to start my summer with this show...I hope we do it again in a year!!!

Kim R.

You let us know..and...there are no pictures?!!!! Come on Kim...wheres the much needed pictures?

Sorry, I was there alone with no camera...we'll have to depend on others for that. I know Pam's husband was running around wearing a camera for most of the day...maybe she has some?? Pam?? Are you recovered yet?

Kim R

Hi, Kim!

Thanks so much for posting that you had a good time yesterday in Caldwell, Idaho, at the All-Star Mini and Shetland Show Club's 1st Annual Performance Show. Might be the only performance show, actually, as we are seriously contemplating a full 2-day show for next year.

My husband, Pete, did take pictures, and I'll let you know when he uploads them so I can share. Hope to submit photos and a short review of the show to the Press Tribune, too.

Mostly, Pete was extremely supportive of Kathy, Lisa (RuffnTuff), Susan, Suzanne, and me for attempting this venture independently of any previously established club. Our goal became a successful reality.

Our thanks go to AMHR Judges Sami Scheuring and Laurie Villalpando, Show Steward John Olmstead, Ring Steward Andy Villalpando, and Show Secretary/Announcer Dendra Player, for maintaining a friendly, encouraging atmosphere. Participants seemed happy with the facility for sure: restrooms with showers, food concession on the premises, overnight camping, new barns complete with fans and good ventilation, warm-up arena. Also, of course, thanks to all the handlers and horses who attended this fledgling sanctioned show!!!

Pam

Well, I could see that you guys were running your butts off!! The judges were fair and friendly, the staff was kind and patient...the only thing we were missing was a potluck! I'm looking forward to see the pictures...

Kim R.

I want to see pictures too! :new_shocked:
default_yes.gif
: Congratulations on such a successful show and on Bilbo being a good boy for you. How did the bit thing work out?

Leia

I put him back in the snaffle for the show, and he stayed light on the bit. It was great! I think he realized that he must have respect for that thing in his mouth!

Kim R.

It was a great show . I have to say all the shows I have been to in my life must have been run wonderful cause they all made putting on a show look so easy
default_yes.gif
:

While I am glad it is done we are already planning for next year.(even though that day I said NEVER AGAIN)

It sure seemed like everyone had a wonderful time- it was the first sanctioned show for many and now quite a few are hooked. There will be alot of us from Boise heading to the Blackfoot show!

Thanks to everyone who lended a hand where needed and for all the patience and support we got and thanks to all our UT and Eastern ID and Northern ID friends for coming down(or up) it was wonderful to see everyone have a good time

And for those local people.. thanks so much for getting up the guts to come to a sanctioned show, trying something new and coming out to support the show- see I told you it was fun and not really scary at all :aktion033:

You Guys put on a GREAT show! Alan was happy to help out. I threw in one of his show shirt because a gal from over here ask him to drive her horse in gentleman's. . He is always happy to step in the ring.

Kim's Bilbo was a perfect gentleman in the halter class. I don't think he moved a muscle or maybe it was the guy on the end of the lead. Kim should be proud!

We went over without horses or kids and had a great time. These guys are on their way to having sucessful shows in the furture. The facitlity was great. We will be going with horses and kids next year.

Alan and Tammi Dial

http://dialbydesign.com

AMHR/ASPC Show Horses

Shelley, Idaho

oops I forgot to say i also met the woman who owns Buck Echo.. she was down here visiting and decided to stop by the show. For the life of me now I can not remember her name ( I am so bad with names horses names I remember people not so much)
default_wacko.png
:

But anyway she was great to talk to and really nice!

Congratulations on a great show! Sounds like a lot of fun. We have a full schedule of shows here in the NW, that is for sure and so much appreciated. Can I just say that I
default_wub.png
: the show organizers! You guys really put in the long hours and work so the rest of us can come play!!! :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back