Great Divide Classic show results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
So it was last weekend that I had my first and only show of the year with Dealer.

Started out just fine I gues.s I got home Wednesday from Alabama, had to clip/bathe/bald on Thursday and we left for the show on Friday. My best friend came with us, and do to reasons I can't talk about, she isn't allowed to have ANY contact with our former horse trainer, and guess what, she decided to go. Talk about stress!

Got Dealer all settled in, but my mom had to get home so she could do a farm visit for her alpacas. It was a good thing, because we sold one, and went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse where we made Sarah sit on the saddle because we told the waitress it was her birthday. Got it all on video too.

Fast forward to the morning. The show is an hour away from my house, so we decided we would get there around 6:30 to finish balding muzzle and above the eyes. HA... we woke UP at 6:30, so we were rushing, when my mom decided that she didn't want to rush, so we get there at 7:45 and show started at 8 wtih Sarah being in the first classes. She showed my jumping classes since I can't run with my knee. Got his feet blacked, threw show halter on and went to the arena. We did a few practice jumps and he did WONDERFULLY. We took it up to about 3'6 or so, and he completly cleared the jump.

The first class was jumper. Sarah did the first round slowly, making it a very easy clearing round. Then 4 other people cleared as well. Sarah took off, and got in at 23. something seconds! YAY. The closest time to her was 27. Dealer continues his jumper win streak! Next was Open hunter. He looked awesome, if I do say so myself and the judges agreed, because he won under both judges. Then in youth hunter the jumps were SOOOOO low, I mean only about a foot, and he did this walk over on one jump, so he only got 1 st. It was still cool though.

Then next up were the obstacle classes with me. I think I got a 2nd and a 3rd in open, out of 5 or so, and then in youth, I got d-qued. They had these cones on the course the whole time, and the first time we were told to ignore them, second time not to, and by then I had it through my head to not to go the cones, so yep, I forgot about them. Such a shame because we probably would have won since everything else was flawless.

Up next was halter. I had worked this horse so little on the class that I knew he wouldnt do well. I am not kidding when I say the moment he stepped into that ring, he pinned his ears and didn't take them down. The first class, he glared at me the whole time. I don't know if it was the chain on his show halter, or if I made him mad or what, because he didn't give me anything. We got either 3rd or 4th every time. Out of 4...

Then was Liberty. As the day went on, I realized I had forgotten his liberty music, AND A WHIP. Uh oh, run to moms car to find some music. We found an ok sound, nothing like what he is used to, and decided what the heck, lets get a bottle and some rocks and go for it. I took him to the very end of the arena, something I learned about last year from the judges there, and let him go. The song we chose was Rock This Town by the Stray Cats. He was SOOOO fat, but his muzzle job looked good. Then he picked up a GORGEOUS country pleasure trot. I now know what it means to say the horse is driving from the rear, I have never seen anything like that. Out of I believe 7-8. we got 2 thirds. Not bad for a non liberty horse.

We left after that and went home.

The next day, my first class up was showmasnhip. I spent a while getting Dealer ready, myself ready, everything looked good... get up there to realize I was the only one in the class. DANG IT! I hate when that happens. SO it was an automatic win.

The coming up so fast I barely had time to change was versatility. I have never even seen the class being done, I just knew I wanted to do it. Hitched that horse up so fast, and went to go through the gate, when he decided he thought it was scary. Had to have the gate person lead him into the ring. Of course, I was driving against my trainer who had a NICE horse, and has many wins in the class, but there was another lady who was like me. I can't run for the hunter portion, and at a foot high, he knocked it over. The whole jump. I couldn't hold it back any longer and I started laughing. Lol. National top ten jumping horse and he knocks over something he could have walked over. I got a 2nd and a 3rd. In youth versatility, no jump knocks, but 2 thirds ((out of 3))

The arena was VERY hard to drive in, and Dealer was out of shape, it was about 108 degrees outside, so I only did him in country pleasure driving. I got a 2nd and a 3rd, but no bad considering it was against horses that have been driving for FOREVER, with little kdis who have had proffesional driving training, and here is Dealer and I, we know virtually nothing, and we didn't get last!

We packed up after that and went home to take a nap.

Got a call later that after noon, Sarah and I won Hi Point Youth! Since it was all under my name, all Sarahs points went towards my name. We got a very cool certificate, which I added her name on and is framed and hanging in the barn office right now.

Not bad for us!

edited to say: Forgot camera the first day, and mom doesn't understand how to photograph without the bar...

Dealer and I ready for showmanship, thats Sarah in the shorts.

P7150001.jpg

Then me in the lineup for country pleasure.

P7150017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamie i REALLY like your outfit in the first picture!!!

You should be proud, you trained Dealer to drive and your already winning with him. HUGE congrats!

Congrats Jamie, I'm glad you had fun! It is so good to have you back out in the ring after all the problems you've had. Dealer looks wonderful and I really commend you, Well Done :aktion033:
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back