Great Dane puppy photo contest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_luck.gif
I voted for #3 twice using two different emails..
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for you, and honestly DO love your picture the best!

I do fail to see why anyone would post a picture of their dog with the ears taped-up, and even more than thet, don't understand how so many would vote it such a popular picture. EEEWWW...
default_wacko.png

There are fewer and fewer places here in Canada that allow ears and tails to be docked...and Nova Scotia just jumped on the bandwagon this past April. One cannot even have hind dewclaws removed for goodness sakes, until they are spayed or neutered. I have personally never been much of a cropped ear person, (kind of like the look, but so much work, and have seen a lot of messes) but would of loved to have had my min pins tails docked and dewclaws removed.

I hear ya.

Spice was cropped before we added her to our family... but if I would have had my way she would have been left natural.

When we have pups we don't crop.

I'm so sorry but I looked at that page of pictures and it truly broke my heart. All of those beautiful living creatures looking up at you while they have been mutilated by the humans claiming to love them. It's just barbaric. Thank god that a lot of other countries have banned ear mutilation (sorry "cropping" doesn't cover taking a scalpel and slicing half the animals ears off) and removing tails.

If someone took a child and cut off it's index finger (the only thing I could think of to compare to tail docking) or took some scissors and cut off it's ears there would be a huge outcry. Why oh why do people do this to animals and think it's okay? They have no voice - it's up to us to STOP this !!!!

Personally I wouldn't buy a dog that had this done because to me it's encouraging it. We have cattle dogs and some ignorant people still dock their tails. Thanks goodness the kennel club don't allow them to be shown. I made sure when we bought ours they were from breeders who wouldn't do it.

My heart cries out for those dogs.
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone took a child and cut off it's index finger (the only thing I could think of to compare to tail docking) or took some scissors and cut off it's ears there would be a huge outcry.
Just thank goodness you are not a little boy.
default_crybaby.gif

I see this ending all over within a few years. Depending on the breed though, I still agree with tail docking when done properly (frozen) by a vet, and if done within 48 hours of birth. The breed associations have to get with the program though, as I beleive it is still required for most breeds to be done to show??

Thanks to those voting for our girl, Spice.
default_aktion033.gif

I really do hope cropping is done away with here in the U.S.

it just takes people to make the change.

As for not getting a dog because it was cropped personally I think that's a bit much as they would really reduce what would had access to.

Alot of the real great bloodlines that are out there would be unobtainable.

If you are wanting just a pet that may not be a problem but if you are breeding and wish to take the bloodlines that you are working with in a certain direction it'd be chopping of your nose.

I've been in the breed 16yrs.. have been breeding for 9yrs (we don't breed often) with a grand total to date of 20 puppies (including studding out one of our dogs)

and only 1 of those puppies were cropped and it was the bitch owner's keeper by our stud dog.

I've been in the breed 16yrs.. have been breeding for 9yrs (we don't breed often) with a grand total to date of 20 puppies (including studding out one of our dogs)

and only 1 of those puppies were cropped and it was the bitch owner's keeper by our stud dog.
Good for you
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back