grazing muzzles

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo Acres

Reaction score
We have used muzzles but only at shows if needed so the horses don't eat the shavings. But I have a friend who has a pony that stands about 39". He is out with a big horse and are the best of friends. They have become inseperable since their other big horse died. Unfortunately they are out to pasture and the little guy is just getting too much. They have tried locking him up in a smaller pen but then the other horse doesn't go out to graze. So she asked if she could borrow a muzzle. All I have is the ones with a small hole in the end so they can drink. We decided she would use it for now for a few hours a day to restrict how much grass he gets. What she is really looking for is a muzzle that he can graze with but not get so much. Does anyone use these? If so, where did you get it and what did it cost?

Thanks

We've been using Best Friend grazing muzzles for the past year and they've held up well.

We have used muzzles but only at shows if needed so the horses don't eat the shavings. But I have a friend who has a pony that stands about 39". He is out with a big horse and are the best of friends. They have become inseperable since their other big horse died. Unfortunately they are out to pasture and the little guy is just getting too much. They have tried locking him up in a smaller pen but then the other horse doesn't go out to graze. So she asked if she could borrow a muzzle. All I have is the ones with a small hole in the end so they can drink. We decided she would use it for now for a few hours a day to restrict how much grass he gets. What she is really looking for is a muzzle that he can graze with but not get so much. Does anyone use these? If so, where did you get it and what did it cost?

Thanks

Southern States store has nice leather ones for big horses. The small size fits most minis. They make plugs for the hole. I leave hole open. Yes, they get grass, but works fine to keep them from overeating. That is my case.

Lildrummer

I use the "Tough-1" brand of deluxe grazing muzzle from www.horseloverz.com it's reasonable price, was very adjustable, and it is still in good shape for this year. I liked that the halter is velcro for quick release, especially for the Minis.

Latest posts

Back