Graphic Pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoRebel

Reaction score
Here are pictures of the foal that we lost on Monday, March 5th. (Here's the link to the post about the foal that we lost... Start of foaling season at LBS, not good!

024_24A.jpg

023_23A.jpg

022_22A.jpg

Tiff,

Sorry again about the foal. I really appreciate you posting the pics. Not because I like looking at them, but for someone like me, it's very educational to see these things.

I'm really sorry about the loss of your foal. That is never an easy thing to go through.

Connie
default_sad.png

River Wood Miniature Horses

My Webpage

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky-C,

The closest I can tell is that the foal was somewhere between 275 and 290 days according to the photos on Crayonbox Miniatures' site. I just thought that it would be educational for people to see...

If the foal looks stiff it's because it was basically frozen when we found the mare and the aborted foal.

I'd say about that time range too... Too bad
default_sad.png
We had our first abortion late last year, but our baby was only early 100 days using Crayonbox Minis pictures too.. Again, I'm sorry for your loss ((hugs))

I am SO sorry for your loss, but thank you for sharing your photos for the sake of education!

Hugs

Jodi

[SIZE=12pt]Tiffani, I'm so sorry about your foal. Thanks for posting for the sake of education.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]How is the mare doing? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Shannon [/SIZE]

The mare is doing well... She's eatting and drinking just fine... just finished the antibiotics that the vet gave her because he pulled the placenta. The first 24 hrs were the worst because she just ran and ran and paced and screamed looking for her foal. We felt really bad... but now she has accepted the foal is gone... it was a sad sight but there was nothing we could do. I always say that you win some and lose some. This is the second foal that I've seen that has been stillborn. The first was in 2005 so this one didn't hit me as hard as the first one did. Live and learn!

oh Tiff i am so sorry to hear this... i have been on and off this week, so busy... so the threads i see are hit and miss it seems. i did not know you had lost a foal! :no:

i agree, not pictures that are fun to see but definiately educational, so thanks for sharing. i did not take pictures of the one we lost two years ago because he was so big and so stuck... the vet had to do a fetotomy. i wasn't going to look but in the end i couldn't help myself. and boy i wished i hadn't! hard to get that out of my head. on the other hand, if i had not said goodbye to the poor little guy i would have felt rotten about THAT :eek: i just had to tell him that he would have been so loved! and somehow it seems to me that they need a few tears dripped on them before they go...

ok sorry it's late and i am tired and getting maudlin so i will
default_shutup.gif
:

It takes great courage to post sad pics as these, but I thank you and again am very sorry for the loss.

[SIZE=14pt]i hadn't posted...just hard to find the right words...give Cricket (i love that name) a hug for me, so sad she yelled for her baby, some do this and some don't, odd. Nikki[/SIZE]

So sorry he did not live...he was so close, too!

I wish I knew what to say, as I know it feels terrible to bury one that never really got a chance to live.

Liz M.

Tiffani,

I am so sorry. Poor little Cricket she is one of those little mares that really seems to realize and I know it has to be hard for her.

This is one of the hardest parts of foaling season - losing the foal and watching the Mother, grieve. Thank goodness that Cricket will be okay.

Hugs to you and your family and special hugs and treats for Cricket.

:no: I am so sorry about your loss.

I am sure it would have been a very nice foal.

praying that the mare does well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry....thank you for sharing, even though it was so hard
default_sad.png

I'm so sorry about your foal. :no: I can now relate personally. Our first foal of the season was an aborted filly. Heartbreaking, I know, but remember, you still have the mare.

:no: :no: I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR COLT :no: :no: I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS AS I LOST A FOAL MYSELF THIS YEAR. THE MARE WAS 7 MONTHS IN FOAL, IT BREAKS YOUR HEART. HOPE CRICKET IS DOING WELL! THANKS FOR SHARING. CRYSTAL

Latest posts

Back