Gracie's Mini Mommas' To Be Page- All done foaling! Five Healthy Foals!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is your turn now Sandy.. keeping fingers crossed for you. Estimates were not too far off here on when Mira would foal, so trust those estimates.

Happy Easter everyone! I just came home from my turn at my parents Easter festivities. My hubby just headed for his turn there now and will bring Gracie home when he comes back.

We had a new issue this morning when I woke up and realized Lexi was laying flat out and the alarm was not going off. After 90 minutes of trouble-shooting we figured out what had happened. My hubby installed a new camera with night vision in the second stall late yesterday afternoon and he plugged it in to the same extension cord at the Equipage. For some reason sharing the same cord would not let the Equipage work right. Once my hubby got it on its on plug in, it is now working once again. YEAH!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
I hope this is the last of our Equipage problems, I am just glad that this time it was something we did wrong that was easily fixed. I do think that I will order at least one more pager though.

I thought we might have an Easter foal as Lexi was very restless last night doing a lot of stall walking, excessive bun rubbing, leg scratching, side biting, tail swishing and head bobbing. Then at about 5 am he quieted down and laid down for a good hour. She also took another long nap in the later morning. Her appetite is not as strong for her hay and she did not finish grain last night but she is grazing real good.

Both girls udders fill fuller during the day!!?? That is just weird as normally they fill and are fullest in the early AM. By evening feeding time, they are both filled not too bad. Crazy mini girls!

I took a couple pictures with my cell phone tonight of the girls udders. The pics are not the greatest quality but you can see that Lexi's udder is more developed. Lexi did eat her grain tonight, but is standing off by herself and not eating her hay. She did graze a lot today though. She is a bit grumpy and was not too willing to stand still to get her bum and udder checked which has not been like her. She might just be tired of all the checks, who knows.

Lexi @322 days

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Fancy @ 323 days

Image 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lexi sure looks good in the udder department. I'm thinking Fancy has a bit to go -- to get those nipples separated and pointing down. Keep us posted on Lexi -- maybe a side view picture or two of both girls -- if Lexi doesn't surprise us all tonight!
I will ge more pictures tomorrow of the girls with my real camera. I think Lexi still need to fill more yet, especially in her nipples, but who knows as she could be a maiden mare. Yes Fancy still has a ways to go. I contacted her old owner and asked is she remembered her previous foaling habits.

Thanks for the update
default_thumbup.gif
They are making progress so it won't be long.

I talked to Fancy's old owner and she said that Fancy made up pretty textbook, in that she went close to 340 days and that when her udder got large and she got her colostrum in, she foaled that night. That she has always had small foals too. I am glad to know this and she does have quite a ways to go in the udder department. Lexi is still the unknown at whether she is a maiden mare. If anyone has stud book access and can look and see if she has any registered foals, that might help??? Lexi's vulva is relaxing and she is no longer liking us checking her various departments out
default_nono.gif
She has been laying down A LOT!! Last night I swear it was 75% of the night she was down and a lot of the time flat. Her alarm was going off non-stop. She has already been down today a couple times too. She acting fine otherwise, well except that of a late term mare.

News for you Sandy - Lexi foaled a filly foal in 05, reg in AMHA stud book "Silver Laces Maggie May". The sire was Sugar Creek Patent Pending and the breeders were Rick and Jamie Ronneberg.

So this will be Lexi's 2nd foal, although it has been a few years since she last foaled (unless she has had more that haven't been registered?).

I checked her in the AMHR Studbook and she isn't listed, so the one foal showing in the AMHA is the only recorded one!
That's a huge deal, there are quite a few people out there that sell foals on app, and the new owner never registers them. My Baybe has had like 5 foals, but only 1 or 2 were ever registered (I don't know if I checked both registeries or just one for registered foals).

News for you Sandy - Lexi foaled a filly foal in 05, reg in AMHA stud book "Silver Laces Maggie May". The sire was Sugar Creek Patent Pending and the breeders were Rick and Jamie Ronneberg.

So this will be Lexi's 2nd foal, although it has been a few years since she last foaled (unless she has had more that haven't been registered?).
I checked her in the AMHR Studbook and she isn't listed, so the one foal showing in the AMHA is the only recorded one!

It's always nice to know that they have foaled before, so at least everything has been stretched out before. Keep us posted on her udder and how her hooha is doing!

Keep us posted!! We're all anxiously awaiting these babies with you and Gracie!!!!
You guys are so awesome!! Thank you so much!!!
default_cheekkiss.gif
I feel much better knowing she has foaled at least one foal before. I will post some more pictures that I took today.

Lexi is 323 days and has been laying down A LOT on both sternum and flat out. I have also noticed that both she and Fancy's foals seem way less active. Lexi's foal has always been less active than Fancy's, but both I have to look and feel long and hard to see any movement. Fancy I think has weeks to go, the only thing that I see that make me question this is her vulva seems a lot more relaxed and her tailhead is more prominent. Lexi has much more udder development and again laying down all the time, but less in the way of her hoochie being relaxed.

Lexi 323 days

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1614.jpg

Both girls look great
default_thumbup.gif
I think you have at least a week before any action, who knows though with these chips
default_yes.gif

Good morning my friends! This was the first morning that both girls udders have followed the rules and been fuller in the am. Fancy's right side of her udder finally has some fill. I still think Fancy is a couple weeks away, Lexi I think will go sooner if she keeps going the way she is going.

Does anyone know why Lexi lays down so much though? She spend a lot of time laying down and it just seems odd to me.

Morning Sandy
default_saludando.gif
It is probably due to the extra weight, her legs are getting tired. We know all about lazy girls here just ask Cassie
default_yes.gif
her gorgeous mare Suzie would lay out flat for nearly the whole night. They usually stop this as they get close to foaling as it gets too uncomfy for them.

Good news about their udders filling
default_thumbup.gif

Ok, good to know. Yes, Lexi lays flat out I swear a good 50% of the night. At least now, my new Equipage system will let me re-set the alarm when she stays flat so that I do not have stay awake the entire time she is flat out. Poor Gracie is wondering if these girls will ever foal. She is so ready for her babies!!

Both girls are looking really good Sandy, progressing nicely, but with a little way to go yet. Most of my girls spend a large amount of time laying flat out at nights in the last few weeks before foaling too - they snore, grunt and puff as well, the 'noise' in the maternity unit has to be heard to be believed. LOL!!

Just went out to pick the girls' stall before bed (Grace & I take turns) and poor Fancy has been rubbing her buns so hard that her tail bone hair looks like a rats nest and she has even got "raw" red scratches in her vulva (not the red they get before they foal) from rubbing so hard. Poor girl. Her vulva is also so loose that it just does not match her udder development at all. Plus it looks like the foal is no longer in the right position as her tummy is now bulged out more on one side. Lexi's udder is developing nicely, but no major changes. Seeing all these new babies born, just makes the anticipation so much harder. Come on girls!! Lets get this show on the road!

Calm and deep breaths
default_smile.png
your babies will be here before you know it. You can use diaper rash cream if she is sore.

Hugs from afar

Latest posts

Back