Gracie's Mini Mommas' To Be Page- All done foaling! Five Healthy Foals!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What pretty girls coming up. I dont think in this pic she looks too thin. Is she more of a refined horse? Or do you see/feel more boney area thats not showing up in the pic?

What pretty girls coming up. I dont think in this pic she looks too thin. Is she more of a refined horse? Or do you see/feel more boney area thats not showing up in the pic?
No, I feel bone. Backbone, ribs, etc... I do not have one other skinny horse on the property, big or small. She is much more refined than the little gals for sure, but I do not like the sunken top line, sprung rib feel. Maybe its just the way she is carrying the foal?

Wow, nice looking mares! I can't wait to watch them progress and see their babies!! And I hope you figure out the weight problem with your one girl- she doesn't look bad to me in the picture.

I keep checking in, expecting to see that Lexi has foaled...sheesh! I sure hope Mary doesnt catch on to all this and keep me waiting!

To be honest, I have been fibbing to her- saying that everyone else is following the book and going right on time, and that you all think she is ready to show us the baby haha ;)

Well, happy & SAFE foaling! Hope to see a baby in the morning for you
default_smile.png

Oh goodness Sandy, these other girls of yours look as though it wont be that long before they give you and Gracie some pretty babies - particularly Angelfire and Margarita!!

I dont think Margarita looks thin, she is just a different shape and build to the others. You say that they all have the same feeding regime, do you mean that they all have the same amounts, if so perhaps you could increase her grain a bit? I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with the feeds available to you in the US, but is what you are feeding a mare and foal feed? If not, perhaps Margarita would do better on a special mare and foal pellet? Just thowing out suggestions here!

But all that aside, you have some lovely mares and you are soon going to have some very beautiful foals.
default_yes.gif

Wow Sandy, they are gorgeous and looks like they are all very close
default_smile.png
I agree with Anna about Margarita, perhaps you could up the amount she is getting and make sure she is eating alone both hard food and hay.

Just finished my 3am kitten feeding and thought I would update that the girls are nice &...... Quiet! I want to pull my hair out!

On the other girls, I agree they are making up nice. The three girls are pastured together & have access to grass during daylight hours as well as a manger filled with alfalfa/orchard that they rarely finish before the next feeding. Margarita is the boss in the group so she gets her grain bucket first. I will up her grain & ad some complete pellets in too, great idea ladies!!

Thank you for the compliments on the girls even in their ungroomed status. Little Jasmine was previously shown in AMHA jumping, Liberty & trail classes from what I'm told. She is a real sweetheart. Angel is our hard to catch girl but once caught, is a good girl. Margarita is a sweet girl too & loves attention.

Fancy just triggered alarm since she was catching some serious zzzzzzzzz's but now she is up scratching her buns on the gate.

Day 346 for Fancy- no changes, same ol udder but sitting on the fence a lot

Day 345 Lexi- Udder filled to capacity and much easier to get several drops of get clear sticky fluid out. Vulva is changing to nice red color inside and is swollen enough that it is gaping a little open. Lots of butt rubbing, her tail looks like a disaster.

I was almost certain there would be a baby announcement this morning....sheesh!

But the latest update sounds promising! Hope they are both gettin ready to foal sometime in the next 24 hours!
default_smile.png

Oooooo tonight could be the night!! Good luck and safe foaling - will be hoping to see pictures of a new baby in the morning!
default_yes.gif

Sounds like you're close! Hoping you get to see at least one of your babies tonight!

You know it dawned on me tonight that I have not been looking for any foal movement this past week. So tonight after we fed I watched for the movement I almost always have seen after feeding. I watched for several minutes both girls and then even went in and wrapped my arms around their bellies and I felt and saw nothing. Should I be worried? I know that my big mares foals would get quiet before foaling time but usually if I stared long and hard I would see something.

Besides that, Fancy's udder I swear has gotten smaller. Lexi's is full like its been for the last week and still clear fluid that gets extremely sticky as it starts to dry when I rub my fingers together. Her hooha is definitely red in comparison to Fancy's and still puffy and slightly gaping. No other changes either physical or behavioral.

Hmm...I'm not sure what to tell ya, but I can definitely say that these mini mares sure know how to keep us guessing!

I'll be checking in here every time I go check on Mary, so I hope to see a baby announcement soon!

As the foal gets into position it gets really tight in there so not to worry if you can't see any movement in the last stage
default_thumbup.gif

I feel better about the movement thing now. Thank ladies!
default_cheekkiss.gif

I thought for sure Fancy was going to foal last night. She was very restless & did a enormous amount of side biting & chewing on her hind legs. Almost like she was knawing on a chicken bone. Her tail was raised & swishing like crazy too. She carried on until about 4:30am & is now quiet. No other changes.

Lexi on the other hand is making changes.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Her clear fluid is changing to cloudy.
default_aktion033.gif
We still can not get enough out to milk test though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mares' movement calms down just before foaling, little by little you're getting there!

Hoping tonight is the night for at least one of them and sending safe foaling thoughts.
default_yes.gif

default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
We finally were able to get enough of a sample from Lexi's now cloudy milk supply and were able to test it. The test changed rapidly to all red squares showing foaling should happen within 12 hours supposedly. She seems no different acting tonight and is eating well. Her udder is huge and her nipples filled and her hooha swollen and red inside.

I have to say I am a but scared especially with my husband out of town. I have talked to my vet who is also my friend and she is on alert and lives just down the street from me but still. Now that it is finally here it seems, I am nervous
default_ohnoes.jpg
and I pray everything will go just fine
default_pray.gif

Image 13.jpg

Image 15.jpg

Image 14.jpg

WOOO!!!! I am so excited right now!! Haha
default_smile.png

Just take a deep breath- you know what you are doing, and she will do a great job along with you!

I am going to start checking in here every time I check Mary
default_smile.png

Safe foaling! Give us an update as soon as you can
default_smile.png

(and by those pics I'm definitely not surprised the test says within 12 hours!!)

AH! Now I can't wait for an update haha...

Hope everything is progressing nicely!

It seems that my mare decided to try and trick me into thinking she might foal tonight- but it is looking like she will hold out for a while longer..ugh

Hope you and Gracie have a baby to play with in the morning!!

Latest posts

Back