GOT GELDINGS??????????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one gelding and he is the only male on the place. He was gelded within 2 months of coming to our farm. He was an eight year old stallion and nope I don't regret it in the least. I love the geldings, you can predict what they are going to be like from day to day, they are always the same.

I've had horses for over 40 years and for an all around working or loving on horse, you can't beat a gelding.

Four so far, I want to geld a yearling we have, and his sire. (We've replaced his sire with a stallion who looks a lot like him, only smaller, and I can't seem to sell him...
default_sad.png
)

My gelding is my favorite horse here on the farm!!

Lucy

We have 3 out of 12 horses that are geldings and Raven is hoping our one foal this year is a colt so she can geld that one to. We are a bit geld happy here :aktion033:

Ruff N Tuffs LM Hawks Im Wanted Man

mannyraven.jpg

Ruff N Tuffs Jimmy Mac

jimmyyearling.jpg

Marystown Hi Tech Echo

casper2.jpg

I have one so far and plans to geld two more colts here. I am looking at two more colts to buy and geld!! I LOVE the boys
default_wub.png
:

Here's my two year old gelding, Footn The Bill By George. He's a Lucky Hart boy, of course sired by George...

finnprettybestformailing.jpg

It's still too cold to do a full body clip... poor boy, he's so itchy!! He really enjoyed his first clip job
default_yes.gif
:

Sadly I lost one of my geldings yesterday to a freak accident :no: But I have 4 others:

LM Legends Hucklberrii Creation (National top ten out of a Nighthawk daughter)

LM Hawks Sundance Kid (National top ten Nighthawk son)

Little Secrets Private Ryan (National top ten Cross Country Private Terms son)

Little Secrets Marshall Higgins (who is sold and will soon be going to his new home in Long Island)

I have 2 other boys that are waiting for the weather to warm up to fix them as well. I just love geldings.

I have three geldings here,

LTD's White Chief - 35'' son of 19x natl/world champion HOF sire LTD's Magic Man. He is our performance gelding.

Royal Salsa - 38''(shetland height) and 36.75''(miniature height) Foundation shetland sr gelding

Coco - 31.5'' overo gelding.

You can see pictures on my website or i will post them later.

Edited: spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now we have 3 geldings and 2 stallions --- about to have 4 geldings and are selling the remaining stallion.

We have four geldings, two full size and two minis.

Both of my mini boys are of my breeding, they both have earned their Hall of Fame in Halter, and the older one is doing quite well in performance, including driving, but still have to get the younger one going in performance. I really enjoy my geldings.
default_wub.png
:

I LOVE how Kendra and her family have so many geldings, now that is a great example for the miniature horse world, and they are "using" horses too. :aktion033:

Ms THE, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of one of your geldings, it sounds tragic, my condolences...

We have 5 miniature geldings and 1 QH gelding. I'm a huge gelding fan!

...and the WINNER is Kendra, of Circle J Ranches--who have for YEARS recognized the value of geldings!!!
default_thumbup.gif
: :worshippy:

Out of 8 miniatures here, 4 are geldings. Two I raised and trained, one I got as a weanling and trained, one I bought reasonably well-started in driving to make a 'matched' pair. Two I have made AMHA Champions; both of the others have numerous AMHA points. I plan to 'end up' with almost all geldings-of the 4 mini mares here, one is my beloved retiree and dam of two of my boys-she has a place for life--, two are excellent, younger mares I bought as babies when I thought I would still be breeding(and who I will be placing, because I simply have no job for them, and have more than I can handle, as I've gotten older), the last is my big B driving horse, who is a mare, only because she was the first one advertised that fit all of my other parameters when i was looking--I like, and have had, numerous mares as performance horses(mostly the 'bigs'), but do agree that geldings are the overall BEST! (My current riding horse is a mare, and I've never had a better one--but, I've also had some great geldings!)

Margo

Just wanted to add that when it comes down to who I'm most attached to -- it would be my geldings and my DunIT stallion
default_wub.png
: I do love my mares and fillies very much but the boys are most special.

Everyone has such nice geldings.

I co-own 2 with my good friend Jennifer Perrigo of DH Wild Rose Miniatures.

Spirit Thunders Spotted Cash. A son of Knight Stars Shaboom

cash2yroldphotosmall.JPG

A Stable Business Express Male. A son of Mountain Meadows D's American Express

jj3summer2006.JPG

My one and only horse is a gelding, Six Gems Spotted Fever.

1888c4a6.jpg

IMG_0716-1.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

We have 3 minis one stallion that we love he's just so loving to be a stallion and one mare and one yearling that I bought as a stallionwho is now gelded and then one pony that is gelded. With time I think the yearling will be our best one because I won't have to worry about my child with him they just seem to get into trouble with each other now. The pony is my childs and she is the only one that can really do anything with him. Too hardheaded for me and the other adults. Put just like a puppy on the lead for her. Love them all .

[SIZE=12pt]We have 3 mini geldings and one QH gelding. They are all so very very sweet! Like someone else has already said, "the same yesterday, today and tomorrow". It's great!
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Have one gelding here--coming 3 years old, and (now) the sweetest horse you could ever meet
default_wub.png
: .--Oh and he's an Appy!
default_yes.gif
: -(Pics of those marking coming in May--too cold here yet to clip).

budders001.jpg

I don't have a gelding just yet, but soon will have! Ohh Bailey....SNIP SNIP!
default_bye-sad.gif
: You can wave goodbye to some of your boys bits.

When I was looking for a mini, my hubby tried and tried to convince me to buy a mare. He just didn't understand horses. He didn't like the idea of having a horses bits and pieces on show for the world to see, and also the fact that he has only ever had female dogs. Not that they are even in the same ball park.

I have had 2 big geldings previously and they were the biggest, most gentle animals ever. My friends had mares who were moody so and so's. It's geldings for me - 100%:538:

I have only one (arab), and he is my baby. I've had him for 15 years. Couldn't live without him!!!

My first mini gelding will be delivered next week! I can't wait!! :aktion033:

I have two; one is a five year old and the other is a yearling (just gelded Friday).

Latest posts

Back