Got a phone call this am...A Vascular Surgeon that I

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Theresa, Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers.

So glad someone is willing to talk to you. It is a prayer being answered I think.

This dr could be your angel..
default_wub.png

Okay...We went to the Dr. The alien can not be removed... But,,, he said that he can go in and put shunts in vital places in the vein to try and keep it from growing and doing further damage. He will assist the GYN to remove the ovary YEAH!!!! .. The soonest they can do it together is Feb. 02. So I will be on pain meds till then. He also found another vein on the MRI that is attached to the Common Artery to my left leg...
default_no.gif
Geeezzzz. He said that there is not anything that can be done but patch and repair, if it can be done, as it does future damage. He was very genuine and sypathetic. Told me to go and live my life and he will monitor the alien, do liver and kidney tests every few months. So there you have it....

Theresa-

You take care of yourself between now and February 2nd. Sounds like he is a nice guy with some answers - maybe not completely what you wanted to hear, but encouraging just the same. Tell the alien it is on borrowed time as far as hurting you worse. Yay - you can get rid of the ovary - that's a great thing.

Thinking of you lots and praying for better days ahead.

Barbie (((HUGS)))

That is so much more than a 'nothing can be done'. It isn't a 100% fix but it is a better outlook than you had a week ago. It sounds as if he is willing to continue seeing you and doing what needs to be done. That's great!

I will continue to hold you in my prayers.

I am SO happy that they are finally going to do something to help you - even if it is just a patch and repair - get that ovary out - patch and repair and let the healing begin for our friend Theresa !!!!! YAY!!

Hang in there Theresa- you are the strongest woman I know - You have SO many people cheering for you! You can do it! Hold on friend - help is on the way!

XXOO

I'm so glad you are getting some help finally. It is definitely a step forward. Take care of yourself until February 2nd and keep the faith!! We will keep praying for you.
default_pray.gif

If he is re-routing circulation does that mean that your "lil buddy" will shrink and die? Or is he leaving circulation to it and adding another "leg" to the system?

I am sorry,,,I did not tell you the whole truth.
default_sad.png
I just could not bare to tell you after you prayed so hard. I have asked REO to tell you, if she don't (can't) I will in a few days... Theresa

...remember that none of us are guaranteed, a next week, a next month, or a next year. All we can do is live our life the best way we know how. Do what you can when you can, and on bad days take things easy until they get better again.
I've taken this quote from Donna's post on Robin's thread, because I think these words say it best of all. Most times we don't even think about just how little time we may have left--how tenuous life is. Not everyone would have your strength in these circumstances--I admire you Theresa! You're one of the good people, and sure don't deserve these healthy problems.
I was so hoping and praying for better news for you; I will continue to pray for a miracle, and for you to be with us for a long time to come yet.

{{{hugs}}} to you and Art. God bless you!

Theresa,

I am sorry the news wasn't what you had hoped for. Please keep your chin up. I truely believe God has a purpose for everything. I know that's hard to believe sometimes. We are all here for you
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Theresa, praying for you and you take care til the 2nd. I am also heartbroken by the news. Maybe when they get in there they will see that there is something they CAN do to help in some way. Things happen for a reason and doctors are not always right, so dont give up and hang in there! And yes I agree, miracles DO happen!!

I just copied my post from your other thread, as it still applies here too.

Through my brain cancer this year, I have learned that most prognosis of the future are wrong, as only God knows. I shouldn't be here, but it has been a year and I feel great, work 40 hours a week, have my horses home now (since Christmas), and I count my blessings every day. My tumor is still there, can't be removed and I have seizures occasionally, can't drive, have no hair on my head, but I am still here, living every day at the fullest.

You can do this, go on with your life and enjoy it. God tells us "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 NIV

You must have faith that there is nothing you can do about it as nothing happens by accident. We may never know why, but it happened to you, to affect your life, the life of your husband, family, and even the doctors and strangers you meet, good or bad is up to you. There is nothing sweeter then to crawl up in the lap of Jesus, the great physician, and the love you receive that only a Heavenly Father can give.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is life not more important than food and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life."

Matthew 6:25-27 NIV

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 46:1 KJV

I understand that it is easier said than done, but being there before, I can tell you that the peace you recieve when you let it go and give it to him is amazing. He created you, every vesel and vein, there is a plan for you, long or short, enjoy every minute on this earth with your loved ones. Prayer for a miracle healing could happen, but also pray for peace to understand. I beleive I feel this way only beacuse of so many prayers on my behalf, asking for peace, that or I am truly brain dead, literally.

You are in my prayers.

I am so sorry for what you are going through...stay strong and keep faith. We are all praying for you.

Theresa, I just read and responded on the thread that REO, Robin posted......

My heart, my prayers, and my thoughts are with you. And for whatever it's worth I am sending Healing Energy your way (Reiki) if you allow it.

Blessings,

Ma---

Back