Goodbye my beautiful girl

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_sad.png
:(
default_sad.png
So Sorry for your loss

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hang onto to that little filly and you can be there for each other to help with the loss. Take care...

My foal lost his Mom three weeks ago.He is doing great.I kept him with the herd that he was use to. Which was another mare and foal and another mare and the lost foals Father.This was the setting he was use to being in. We fixed a creep for the foals.I have a mixture of Sweet feed,Equine Jr. and beet pulp and also also FOAL LAC Pellets.In the creep I also have a manger with hay. He also goes out with the horses and eats grass.If you need picture of the creep and my measurments for the grain. E-mail me.

Here is a picture of him with his half sister taken yeasterday.The orphan is the dark foal.

DawnandJustinweb.jpg

So sorry for your loss
default_sad.png
How's the foal doing?

Again my condolences. She left you a beautiful foal though. Good luck with her, look forward to seeing more pics of her

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. She left you with a beautiful memory , a beautiful foal...to help heal your broken heart. Most of us have been there and we know only to well, the hurt you are feeling now. (((hugs))) and give that foal a extra special hug every day. Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry for your loss, she was beautiful and it sounds like she had a very happy life with you. Best of luck with her little filly

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It's truly one of life's hardest tests. Most of us know first hand how painful that can be.

May you take joy in her beautiful filly who looks like she took right after her mom:)

Let us know how she does and I'd love it if you included pictures.

Maxine

I am SO very sorry you lost your sweet mare
default_crybaby.gif

{{{{Hugs}}}} to you and the baby

The same thing happened to us a month ago. One of my best mares started to colic, and the next day whe was gone. Leaving a 2 month, to the day, little silver app filly. Luckily the filly was already eating feed. After an hour or so calling for her mom, she went to her bff (best friend forever) Maddie and her dam, and stuck with them. We are feeding her 3x a day, and she eats better if Maddie is with her or she can at least see her. She bunks with them at night. She is doing well, kept wormed, and gets lots of attention from us. It is so sad tho, we just have to give little Eva extra hugs to make up for the loss of her mom. Susan

And I would keep her with the other mares and babies or make sure she has a buddy. If you feed her with another foal this sometimes stimulates them to eat better because they don't want the other foal getting it all.
I agree the little girl needs a buddy of some sort, but putting her with other mares and foals can be dangerous. If she tries to nurse off another mare, the mare may get nasty and possibly kick her and hurt or even kill her.

Sorry for your loss and prayers for your filly.

Angie

Latest posts

Back