good news on my mare!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMHA has Honor Roll awards... as opposed to HOF.

and do you really think that getting me upset, telling me graphic things about c-sections, and being an overall jerk is suddenly going to make me change my mind? next time someone asks for some advice, try being nice about it or get lost!
That response concerns me, to be honest.

No one here has been a jerk. C-sections are graphic. So are mares bleeding out, foals getting stuck and dying and all sorts of things that can go terribly wrong with a foaling. I have been foaling for almost 25 years - many different breeds - and I still worry each and every time.

Stacy and others have given you excellent advice - they care about the horses. Telling them to get lost is not really the right response for their concerns and assistance....

This is not anything to enter into lightly. You are only 15 - maybe you should enjoy showing your minis for a couple of years before getting into any kind of intensive breeding program... just a quiet suggestion. They will benefit and so will you.

People are trying to help you...
default_unsure.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that you understand why people are posting. They just want to HELP you. The kind of questions you have been asking show how ill prepared you are for what you want to do.I realize that your mare will be three when you breed. But I still don't think a three year old maiden mare ,a two year old stallion and a teenage girl doing the breeding are a very good combination. I did not know that you are only 15 . Enjoy your horses and wait until you are older before starting a breeding program Everyone wants to help you and are looking out for the good of your mare.

I don't think that you understand why people are posting. They just want to HELP you. The kind of questions you have been asking show how ill prepared you are for what you want to do.I realize that your mare will be three when you breed. But I still don't think a three year old maiden mare ,a two year old stallion and a teenage girl doing the breeding are a very good combination. I did not know that you are only 15 . Enjoy your horses and wait until you are older before starting a breeding program Everyone wants to help you and are looking out for the good of your mare.

so, what now my age makes me incompotent and unable to breed and foal out horses?

i would like to refer you to this video from I AM Ranch : www.youtube.com/watch?v=avugTkuk7c8

this filly was saved by a 16 year old! is she incompetent because of her age? i think NOT!! as for everyone "looking out" for my mare, no one on this forum knows her! my vet and i do! can you see the difference here? i don't really care what YOU think, i care about what my VET think! you know, the person that is legally certified and went to college to learn about animal husbandry?

as for everyone "looking out" for my mare, no one on this forum knows her!
No, but we know minis/horses. We are long time breeders in many cases. We have foaled out hundreds of mares. We have seen the good times and tragic wrecks. There have been a lot of foaling tragedies on the forum and Mare Stare this year - and there is something to learn from that for all of us - not to just look the other way and say that will never happen to me...

i don't really care what YOU think, i care about what my VET think! you know, the person that is legally certified and went to college to learn about animal husbandry?
People really are trying to help you here. If advice on a forum - that you asked for - upsets you - then what will happen in a crisis at 2 a.m. on the night your mare foals? Your vet will not be close enough if something goes wrong - you may have only a couple of minutes to make the right choice and do the one thing that will save your foal - and maybe even the mare. And it does not necessarily have anything to do with age - but experience and composure.

Please try not to condemn and/or get antagonistic about the help others are offering, No one may change your mind - but their concerns are valid... and they have the experience to back that up.

as for everyone "looking out" for my mare, no one on this forum knows her!
No, but we know minis/horses. We are long time breeders in many cases. We have foaled out hundreds of mares. We have seen the good times and tragic wrecks. There have been a lot of foaling tragedies on the forum and Mare Stare this year - and there is something to learn from that for all of us - not to just look the other way and say that will never happen to me...

i don't really care what YOU think, i care about what my VET think! you know, the person that is legally certified and went to college to learn about animal husbandry?
People really are trying to help you here. If advice on a forum - that you asked for - upsets you - then what will happen in a crisis at 2 a.m. on the night your mare foals? Your vet will not be close enough if something goes wrong - you may have only a couple of minutes to make the right choice and do the one thing that will save your foal - and maybe even the mare. And it does not necessarily have anything to do with age - but experience and composure.

Please try not to condemn and/or get antagonistic about the help others are offering, No one may change your mind - but their concerns are valid... and they have the experience to back that up.

I KNOW THAT BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN OK! bad things always happen! i KNOW that! but i asked for answers to some questions, not to be given the third degree. does everyone think that insulting me and making me ticked will suddenly make those answers appear? if so it sure as heck isnt working!

Yeah bad things happen - but are you willing to be the CAUSE of that happening. Your replies are telling me that you really DON'T care about your mare -- and I feel that that is very sad. She is not a "play thing" - she is a living breathing animal who DOES feel pain - both emotionally as well as physically.

I have foaled out hundreds of miniature mares, my VET tries to send clients to me to foal out - and each and every one is scares me to death during the foaling process - I have NEVER become comfortable with it - AND HOPE I NEVER DO.

Stacy

so, what now my age makes me incompotent and unable to breed and foal out horses?

i would like to refer you to this video from I AM Ranch : www.youtube.com/watch?v=avugTkuk7c8

this filly was saved by a 16 year old! is she incompetent because of her age? i think NOT!! as for everyone "looking out" for my mare, no one on this forum knows her! my vet and i do! can you see the difference here? i don't really care what YOU think, i care about what my VET think! you know, the person that is legally certified and went to college to learn about animal husbandry?
I just wanted to point out that the girl in the video is no alone. It sounds as thought there were many people at the birth to help.

On another point, you have gotten some opinions from some of the best breeders in the miniature industry. You may want to be a bit appreciative, even if you don't agree. They are very knowledgeable.

IMO.

Yeah bad things happen - but are you willing to be the CAUSE of that happening. Your replies are telling me that you really DON'T care about your mare -- and I feel that that is very sad. She is not a "play thing" - she is a living breathing animal who DOES feel pain - both emotionally as well as physically.

I have foaled out hundreds of miniature mares, my VET tries to send clients to me to foal out - and each and every one is scares me to death during the foaling process - I have NEVER become comfortable with it - AND HOPE I NEVER DO.

Stacy

HOW DARE YOU, YOU B**CH!!!!!!! I love my mare with all my heart, she is my best friend and i take the very best care of her! she has embriodered blankets, treats, daily turn out, good food and plenty of love, some minis don't have any of that and are forced to pop out baby after baby with no break! i'm only breeding her this one time!

default_sad.png
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
default_sad.png

Poor mare - call me whatever you want -- I really don't care what you think of me - I would just hope that if you do truly care about your mare that you will think about her. Embroiderd blankets will do her no good during a foaling crisis

Stacy

Wow, Someone needs to learn some manners when people are trying to help her. Are you going to yell at your vet if he can't get to your place in time to help your mare?

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Poor mare - call me whatever you want -- I really don't care what you think of me - I would just hope that if you do truly care about your mare that you will think about her. Embroiderd blankets will do her no good during a foaling crisis

Stacy

whatever, i don't care anymore. i knew i shouldn't have posted this on here, everyone's a critic if you're new and don't have top 5 showing studs. anyway, i just bought my stud so whoever wants to see him i posted a topic on the forum.

HOW DARE YOU, YOU B**CH!!!!!!!
That ^ is completely inappropriate and demonstrates that perhaps you are not as prepared for foaling and breeding as you think you are.

Stacy has foaled out hundreds of mares. You have foaled out... none.

I'm with Stacy - when a mare lays down and starts to push and the water breaks - I feel nauseous. Because from that point on, two lives depend on me. And all my years of experience do not take away that feeling...

if i lose Misty i don't know what i'll do she's my best horse friend and the horse that started my farm. i just want to know what can i do to reduce the risk?
... and knowledgeable people responded and made suggestions and offered advice. They did not insult you. And yet you toss off all that experience and get angry and start calling people names?

You said this...

I just want to make sure i do this right. i dont want her or baby to suffer because of a stupid mistake i made.
...and yet rejected any and all advice that you were given. I know you love your little mare... and I do not want her or her potential foal to suffer either. All any of us did was offer advice based on your words and what you wrote... I am sorry that you think all that experience and concern was worthless...
default_no.gif

i knew i shouldn't have posted this on here, everyone's a critic if you're new and don't have top 5 showing studs
NOT TRUE.
default_new_shocked.gif

Look at all the topics started by new people of late and all the help offered. None of them got hostile and snippy about any advice they are given. We are all here to learn from each other... well, most of us. The experience on this forum is a blessing to those just starting out - and even those who have been doing this for many years - and should never be summarily dismissed as "whatever"....

HOW DARE YOU, YOU B**CH!!!!!!!
That ^ is completely inappropriate and demonstrates that perhaps you are not as prepared for foaling and breeding as you think you are.

Stacy has foaled out hundreds of mares. You have foaled out... none.

I'm with Stacy - when a mare lays down and starts to push and the water breaks - I feel nauseous. Because from that point on, two lives depend on me. And all my years of experience do not take away that feeling...

if i lose Misty i don't know what i'll do she's my best horse friend and the horse that started my farm. i just want to know what can i do to reduce the risk?
... and knowledgeable people responded and made suggestions and offered advice. They did not insult you. And yet you toss off all that experience and get angry and start calling people names?

You said this...

I just want to make sure i do this right. i dont want her or baby to suffer because of a stupid mistake i made.
...and yet rejected any and all advice that you were given. I know you love your little mare... and I do not want her or her potential foal to suffer either. All any of us did was offer advice based on your words and what you wrote... I am sorry that you think all that experience and concern was worthless...
no.gif

people arent giving me advice they're bashing me, how is that going to help, hmm?

Wow, Someone needs to learn some manners when people are trying to help her. Are you going to yell at your vet if he can't get to your place in time to help your mare?

you know what i just LOVE about this forum? i ask for breeding advice and i get bashed, yet some chick on here fails to call the vet to check out a mare that could possibly be pregnant, the foal freezes to death after it is born alone with no human help and all she gets is i'm so sorry, oh i'm so sorry, im so sorry for your loss, blah blah blah. lol I JUST LOVE IT!!!

people arent giving me advice they're bashing me, how is that going to help, hmm?
Hmmmm?
default_wacko.png

People did give you advice. You just refuse to see/hear it.

We were trying to help.
sigh.gif

Latest posts

Back