My mom & my special puppy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
Just before Christmas my mom went to the doctor for some abdominal pain, her doctored ordered an MRI and mentioned it could be lymphoma. Long story short the weeks of Christmas and New Year were a long one for me and my family, we had to wait on diagnosis, biopsy reports, my mom was hospitalized a few days because one of the enlarged lymph nodes is in her small intestines and was causing a partial blockage. It was very painful.

We know now she has follicular lymphoma or B Cell Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma-intermediate grade and will go thru 6 rounds of chemo, she had the first one on Jan 5th, and the next one will be Jan 27th. It has drastically changed our lives, but we are so grateful it is a cancer that responds well to chemo and can be put in remission.

What has been really neat is my new puppy "Teo" has been cuddling with her the past two weeks, and he insists on laying on her abdomen on the left side where the lymph nodes are enlarged, her spleen is enlarged and the one in her intestine is also on that side. She tried for 30 minutes the other night to pet him and get him to lay on her right side, but he refused. His little head drooped down to the ground, but he wouldn't lay down, so she finally let him go and he curled up on her left side. I think it's so sweet and special that he knows it's there and is snuggling away her cancer too. I knew he was a special boy when I first saw his photo.
default_wub.png
I'm so glad I got him when I did, he has been a huge stress relief for me in going thru all of this, especially over the holidays. He helps me to "lighten up" and laugh. Maybe he has a future as a cancer sniffing dog, or a therapy dog!

Link to a photo of Teo:

Teo Photo

That brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry about what your mom and all of you are going through. Yes he knows and is trying to help her and he's so sweet and cute!! I'm glad you have him to comfort your mom and make you laugh.

{{{hugs}}} to you all!

Many dogs can sense that type of thing...they can be helpful to people with diabetes, those that have seizures, they can sniff out cancer etc. Maybe your girl OOPS! boy is gifted in that manner as well.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful and special little one you have there.
default_wub.png

What a sensitive little fellow.....You can see it in his eyes.

Thank you for sharing.

I think it is something special when a animal does that. Moe my rescue IG will stretch the whole length of my back and be a heating pad for me when i get to hurting bad (arthritis) and Minie my other rescue IG will curl up on my bad foot and warm it for me or lay against my bad hand. I tell you they know where I hurt at
default_rolleyes.gif

We used to have a Rat Terrier. She always slept in the bed with us, under the covers down by our feet. When I got preganant she started sleeping curled up by my belly. After the baby was born she went back down to our feet.

You have a little gem in Teo. Prayers that your Momma makes out well with her treatments.

My husband had the same thing this past year, follicular Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

The treatment was 6 sessions of chemo. By the 5th treatment, it was in remission. But the dr still wanted him to take the 6th.

He did pretty well through out it all and so far is doing well.

Tell you mom to hang in there. and love that puppy.

Prays sent your way for your mom's speedy recovery. Your dog Teo is adorable .
default_wub.png
Love that face.

Back