Good News after Yesterday's Sad News!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemonrockranch

Reaction score
AFter our loss of our appy colt yesterday morning, we were really down in the dumps about foaling. The mama was doing OK - but cast herself later in the afternoon. She had only been down a very few minutes when I found her, and luckily she was fine. I watched her like a hawk the rest of the day, and she was not happy that I was hovering over her.

Today, our mare Jade and stallion War Paint brought us another little colt. This little guy is a beauty. I think he'll be a bay pinto, but I'm open to color experts! Mom is a sorrel pinto and dad is a black and white tobiano pinto. Here are two pictures we thought were winners! One is about 10 minutes after he was born, he's still very wet, but I thought it was a riot watching him try to figure out which leg belonged where.

This is the first time we've been able to attend a birth from beginning to end. Well, the last two births we attended both ended in tragedy, so this was very nerve-wracking, but greatly rewarding. Anyway, introducing Lemon Rocks . . . . . . . . .? His barn name will be Rocky because he looked like a little rocking horse until he figured out how his legs were supposed to work!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

JadesBaby16.jpg

JadesBaby10.jpg

Congratulations, I am so happy that this time you had a happy outcome. He is adorable.

Congratulations on a fine colt!! Breeding can be challenging and disheartening at times....but when it goes well there's nothing like it! :bgrin

Latest posts

Back