Good Friday Filly for Zachary Farms

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacharyfarms

Reaction score
Zachary Farms Sheeza Lucky Baby had a Good Friday filly for us a 11:30 PM..I had been doing the Taste, Temp and Vulva check on her for several weeks and Friday evening her Temperature dropped the taste of her milk changed and her vulva changed...I called my daughter and said it should be tonight and sure enough she delivered her first foal with a little help from me. The baby was robust but we gave 30 cc of seramune by bottle immediately milk colostrum and gave that and then the baby found the milk bar very quickly. Her IGg at 14 hours was off the top. Now for her color... all my horses have been color tested. Lady is heterozygous black with no dominant copy of agouti and no cream..the sire Landfair Moons go boy is Chestnut with no dominant cream and no dominant copy of agouti..so what is going on with this foal??????Go Boy does carry the silver gene so could this be a weird silver on black??Do I call the lab and say do agouti again??This little girl I thought at first was just a minimal splash because of her blue eyes but today you can see her belly splash and back stockings are just like her mom. Thanks for letting me share...No name yet!!
Ladyfoal2.JPG

Ladyfoal3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope this is definatly a bay.

So or the color tests are wrong, dad has to carry agouti.

Or your mare had a date with another stallion!

Congrats on the pretty foal! :aktion033:

There are no bay stallions here or any that have the bay gene or so the test results say(except one that wasn't born when Lady was bred and wasn't a breeding from here so no kin :lol: )..Oh that is a problem I guess that happens with testing..Now I will call them on Monday. Oh Boo! This was probably just another joke played on me by my dead husband who would have thought there was better use for the money then having them all tested. He died on Easter Eve
default_wink.png
:

Did you test the chesnut for agouti? On Chesnuts agouti cant be seen. So if you had him tested for agouti, and he tested negitive for agouti, somthing is very fishy, cause this baby defenetly looks bay...

But if that chesnut just had one agouti the baby could defenetly be bay!

Gage

Gage, yes I had the chestnut tested for agouti..I had all the horses tested even the black in case they were really seal brown..there really has to be a mistake..I have emailed them. I shouldn't have had to test my foal for agouti since I had the parents tested and they tested negative for a dominant copy.
default_wacko.png
:

:aktion033:

Congratulations on a gorgeous baby!

My grandpa died Easter morning in 1989 - was hoping he might help Intrepid deliver today but I think he is playing golf in Heaven... he always wore knickers when he played golf and loved holiday dinners - he and Mercy would have gotten along great as they always thought about eating! :bgrin

Denise

Silversong Farm

Oh My Denise, My husband would love your Grandpa. Chris loved holiday dinners also and would actually be playing golf today after lunch and then tonight would be a poker game with the other golfers. I bet Chris and your Grandpa are having the time of their "lives" and I know they have their hand in things down here with these baby horses.
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=18pt]Judy, [/SIZE]

I don't have a clue about her color, but she sure is a beauty!
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: Congratulations! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Bill

Beautiful baby that looks bay on my monitor as well, Judy. LOL Congrats!

Looks bay to me... her tail should turn all black, along with her legs. This is just baby fuzz...

Latest posts

Back