Glory Foaled

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone!

Well here is the scoop.

I've been saying for days now that Glory has been ready to foal. Milk strip tested her several times but my strips must be bad as I couldn't make heads or tails of the results. But I knew she was close because of how she was progressing with the milk and all the other signs. Anyway, I like my mares to get out of their stalls for a couple of hours if possible so they can stretch, roll, etc.

Noon came around and it was time to go down to the barn and put her up. I was grabbing the camera as I need to take pictures of another horse for someone and the beeper goes off. OH CRAP....grab the camera, carhartts, boots off I go. Get to the mule, it won't start. So of course I say to it, what are you thinking she is foaling. Mule starts off we go...get down to the barn and see Glory standing up. I think to myself, what the heck she must've been rolling and than I see it...the amniotic sac and start thinking to myself OH CRAP she is foaling standing up. Didn't get that thought completed and the baby hits the ground. I basically jumped off the mule, run to her paddock, grab the lead that I left by the gate (see, somewhat smart!), grab ahold of Glory and scoop up the kid.

Into the foaling stall we go.

Glory & baby are doing good. Glory passed her placenta with no troubles, Erica has nursed several times. She found the milk bar on her own and really didn't need any help other to steady her the first few times.

Both are settled in and doing well.

Here are some pictures.

This one is literally of her minutes old. Remember I had the camera with me.

Shows her markings on left side well anyway.

5minsold.jpg

Color...I'm still leaning towards smokey cream. Any thoughts? I'll probably have her tested in the future.

color.jpg

Cuteness
default_wub.png

erica.jpg

er.jpg

I'll post better pics in a few days once she has unfolded and its warm out again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like another winner! What a precious face! I can't wait to see this one unfolded.

Sheryl,

Her cuteness factor is off the charts!
default_wub.png
I agree, smokey cream pinto. What a total doll! Congrats!!!

AWWW!!!
default_wub.png
I love her!! Big congratulations!!

As to color, she could certainly be perlino, couldn't she? Both parents are black-based and both carry agouti. Could be smoky cream though-- make sure you let us know when you get the test results back! ("she said bossily" lol!
default_wink.png
)

Congrats again!!
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations Sheryl on your new little one!!! She's a cutie!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

She's adorable!! 12 on the Cuteness scale!

Red Wings eh?? How about On Wings of Glory? Or Glory's Wings?

Congratulations!!

Sheryl, she is CUTE!
default_aktion033.gif

Your so lucky, tis just a dream for some of us to be able to hug Erica....the horse
default_wink.png

Doncha think you should put a catchers mit down at the barn for these special air deliveries?
default_biggrin.png

I like Ruffians name suggestion On Wings of Glory......it's very pretty.
default_yes.gif

Just please, please DON'T call her....RedBull Gives You Wings :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
She's BEAUTIFUL, Sheryl!!! Surely makes me look forward to our Bandito baby we have coming! Keep the pictures coming, she's lovely!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Jodi

Sheryl she is a beauty.
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png
Very Happy for you,

. Now send the filly fairy here for Grace Kelly.

She's a doll for sure!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Good thing it was a filly, a boy named Erica would have been pretty funny! Guess he would have been Eric?
default_biggrin.png

No foals for us this year, Boo hoo!
default_sad.png

Shelley

Sheryl,

She is adorable! Dream says she should come live with us!!!
default_wub.png

Oh and her color looks exactly the same as my friends walking horse...and he tested perlino.

Latest posts

Back