Giving paste wormers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weelittleones

Reaction score
Hello, ok this is probaly going to sound stupid. But I need help on the "how to" on giving the tube paste wormers. I am new to all this. Can somebody give me a idea on how to do this. I know how to give dogs their medicine but I don't think my horses will let me open their mouth wide and stick it down there throat. Please help! I have been giving them daily wormers but it is time for the paste. Thanks

If you are new to it, make it easy. Get a syringe, decide on the weight of your horse, squirt the right amount into the syringe, and then stick it in the horses mouth- at the side, with as little fuss as possible, and squirt it into the mouth. Most horses are fine and just accept it. Since this is your first time, dispensing it into a syringe will take all the worry out of the situation and we won't get a thread entitled "Help I've just given my horse a whole tube of wormer by mistake"
smile.gif
DO NOT USE QUEST!!!!!!
rolleyes.gif

rabbitsfizz said:
If you are new to it, make it easy.  Get a syringe, decide on the weight of your horse, squirt the right amount into the syringe, and then stick it in the horses mouth- at the side, with as little fuss as possible, and squirt it into the mouth.  Most horses are fine and just accept it. Since this is your first time, dispensing it into a syringe will take all the worry out of the situation and we won't get a thread entitled "Help I've just given my horse a whole tube of wormer by mistake"
smile.gif
DO NOT USE QUEST!!!!!!
rolleyes.gif

484577[/snapback]

I definetly made sure I did not get the Quest. I did buy it in the syringe but what should I set the weight to. All three of my fillies are about 6months old.

Latest posts

Back