Giant new foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
ls this a bay or a black foal...mom is a honest 33" bay appy and dad is just under 28" non fade black and l am color blind.
default_biggrin.png
She got here last night mom is still not getting around much today can't blame her she had a heck of a time spitting that one out seemed like it took hours before she was out...she was weighed in at 33 pounds and we measured holding her up as best we could at around 25" tall. We've never had such a big heavy foal before and l'm not sure l like them that big. But she's healthy which is good...

2008galahadsfoal.jpg

1 day old
default_biggrin.png

april2308biggirl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
im pretty sure he is a bay. I have had them born that big and still end up well under 34"

Lyn

Looks bay to me
default_smile.png
And very beautiful, from what I can see. We need more pics!

CRIPES!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
(that's probably what your mare said too!!)

Looks like a beautiful filly though- more pics please!! Glad all went well and everyone is healthy! Mom is probably just trying to recover from getting rid of the LOAD!!

Congratulations! You guys are due for a healthy baby!

She's the same colour as our second foal of the year. We're calling it bay.
default_biggrin.png

Will we see you guys at the Mane Event this weekend? You don't have to go the meeting ...
default_wink.png

Noooo Kendra you know how l feel about these things
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
anyway l like the giant baby she has the prettiest little face and bay is a good color. l'll try to get pix of all 4 foals together tonight when l let them out for exercise in the barn so you can see the huge differance in height on her. Arlie thinks DC might foal this week...
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful coloring and I'd say bay too. Wow, Mom must have had a struggle getting her out of captivity.

Glad everything went well considering the size of the baby. Does she have a name yet?

Congrats from Joyce L

Holy smokes
default_new_shocked.gif
She looks gorgeous though. I wonder how tall she's going to end up.

Arlie thinks DC might foal this week...
Well when that happens we need pictures ASAP ok? I really hope all goes well with her. Good luck.

Ohhhhh, she's sweet. LOVE bays.

I have my own GIANT. Willow was born at around 22 inches tall and just kept growing!
default_new_shocked.gif
She looked like a thoroughbred against the other babies. At 3 months old she was already taller than her big brother Bailey.

She's now 7 months old and has stopped growing. She actually stopped at around 4 months. She's just growing sideways now!
default_rolleyes.gif

I love them all, regardless of their size.
default_wub.png

default_new_shocked.gif
For you Anne Rice fans, "that's a walkin' baby!" Seriously, have many days gestation was she? Does she already have teeth? And look how black her points are already!!! She's beautiful
default_wub.png
but my goodness she's one big baby!! Poor momma...
default_no.gif

Wow!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Poor Momma horse, bless her heart, looks like she really wanted to make sure she was well cooked!!!
default_wacko.png
Congrats.

Wow, half grown is right LOL. Hope this wasn't her first baby......she may never let this happen again!
default_biggrin.png
Looks like a nice one though. The only one we've ever had anywhere close to that weight was a shrimpy guy who just had LOTS of bone.

Jan

Latest posts

Back